iii.

"I didn't really take it. The driver decided himself, did he not?"

   I put my head down, feeling his green eyes burning into my very soul; I felt exposed, as if he can look at me and see my flesh and bones. Truthfully, at this moment, I'd feel to shy to talk, afraid that I might ruin something. 

   "I suppose," I ended the conversation, letting Jay slide her way in front of me to talk to the one and only Harry Styles.

    "Hi, I'm a big fan," Jay squealed. I watched as she spoke to Harry as fast as she could. The way she was, I didn't see her as a pop music fan, let alone, a One Direction fan. I bagged the book Harry Styles bought before handing it to him. He was smiling at Jay while she spoke without taking breaths in between, and just by that, you could tell that he was enjoying the attention he was receiving. As if he didn't get it every single day.

   "It was nice to meet you, Jay, but I really need to get going," Harry spoke, interrupting Jay's fangirling. "And it was nice to see you again, Miss..." 

   I looked at him weirdly, before realizing what he was trying to ask. "Alex."

  "I hope to see you again, then." He winked before walking away, and vanishing from the store completely. I stood there in shock, unable to move a muscle.

  What just happened?

 "Earth to Alex, Earth to Alex!" 

 "Huh?"

 "You didn't tell me you knew Harry!" 

 I thought about her question. Everyone knew Harry. Was he aware that the whole world was watching him? I imagined myself in his shoes. What if everyone knew me everywhere I went? How does it really feel? 

  I supposed I should have a pretty good idea because I read lots of fan fictions, but how do these writers know? A celebrity could simply love the attention, while some people might hate it. How can one be that confident in front of flashing lights? 

  How did they become perfect? 

 "I don't know him. I just met him." I stated shyly, as I walked away to do the job I had barely gotten today, trying to shake Harry out of my thoughts. He liked the attention Jay gave him, I knew that for a fact. What I didn't know, however, was why I was stressing out so much about the attention he gave me.

  I walked around the bookstore again, placing the books back in their places. The customers were slowly leaving. Majority of them just stays here and read without buying anything. I don't know if I should be disappointed or be relieved that not much people come in here. 

  The clock was ticking a little too slowly for my liking. I wanted to leave the store and crash in bed, forget the events of today and start over tomorrow. I walked back to where Jay was, only to find her watching the door intensely. 

 "Hey Jay," I sighed, "what are you doing?"

 "Watching the door. What if Harry comes back?"

 "Please tell me you're not serious," I chuckled as I walked inside the counter. "It's almost time for closing. He's not coming back." 

 Part of me wanted him to come back and maybe I could observe him more. I had no idea why I was suddenly so interested in his life - maybe it's the fact that he seemed so different from other celebrities, but then again, I wouldn't really know. Either way, I couldn't stop thinking about our little interaction today and yesterday.

  Jay sighed, disrupting my train of thoughts. "You're right. It was nice working with you today, I'll see you tomorrow?"

  "Yup. It was nice meeting you. Should we go tell the boss we're closing?" 

  "We probably should," I followed the red head lead the way to where Amy sat peacefully. Her back was turned on us, so I couldn't exactly tell what she was doing. She could be either reading or sleeping. "Uh, Amy?"

  "Yes?" She spoke, without turning her chair around to face us.

  "It's six. We're leaving," Jay continued, shooting me a what the hell look. I shrugged as Amy finally stood and smiled at us. 

  "It was nice to meet you girls. You did a good job today. Eight am sharp, tomorrow, understood?" 

  We both nodded.

 "And Jay?" said Amy, as Jay and I began to walk away, "keep low on screaming when a celebrity comes in, okay?"

  I let out a little snort as Jay bowed her head down in embarrassment. She nodded in agreement and Amy flashed us another smile, before letting us walk away. As soon as Jay and I left the store, we parted ways without saying another word to each other. I supposed I can use another word, and Jay seemed more similar to me than Auh, Cassity and Hannah. 

  Jay seemed more like the kind of person I'd be friends with. She wasn't loud, nor was she always the one to flaunt something. She seemed more calm and more low, just like myself. 

  I traced back the steps I took to go to the bookstore, back to my home. It didn't take me a long time and for that I was glad. Luckily, tomorrow I still have a job and I don't have to run to catch a taxi and miss it, just so I can take pictures of something so simple. Though I'm not complaining, photography has been my life since I was little, but the risks I take for it sometimes go a little too far.

  And it never turns into gold. Instead, it turns into stone. A stone that you can throw gently, and yet it will still break. That summed up my dream. 

  As soon as I entered the door, I crashed onto my bed and searched for another fan fiction on my phone. I knew very well I'd regret this once I finish another one, but Harry's face flashed to my mind, and maybe - just maybe, this time, I actually won't. 

LOL IM TOO LAZY TO EDIT IM SO SORRY I BARELY WROTE THIS PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR THE MISTAKES AND IF THIS CHAPTER SUCKS IM SORRY IF YOU GUYS WAITED FOR TWO MONTHS FOR ANOTHER UPDATE IM SO VERY SORRY PLS FORGIVE ME ILY ALL SO MUCH

WITH LOVE,

DAXSIES