Part 1: The Simple Part

World domination was the simple part.

Building the damn 'do-whiz' or 'whats-it' was the hard as fuck part. Did they know how much programming went into it?

A fun-tucking ton! 

And that was just for the prototype. The next one, the actual one, took much longer to compute info into and get exactly right. Perhaps he was a perfectionist in this, but could anyone blame him?

God, was it a beauty, too! Truly a work of art, he thought, caressing it lovingly, contemplating if it was even worth using or if it should be kept on display for the world to see in all its magnificence.

Perhaps after he used it to take over the world...

And, could anyone blame him for creating this piece of eccentric beauty that demanded such hostility to be acted upon by its master, that no one could comprehend fully except him? Yes, who could blame such a man with such a weapon?

So much of his genius went into it that the world couldn't possibly understand.

Absolutely perfect. 

He kissed yellow metallic at the thought, spinning around the spacious hallway in joy. He was outlined by the moonlight, shaded in blue, coming from the full-length windows that adorned the walkway.

No one could imagine such a dare would turn into this. He gazed lovingly at its rounded edges, sharp when thrown hard enough -- death mastery at its finest.

Just thinking about it gave him delighted chills running up and down his spine, doing a dance of their own.

He had to shake himself from their otherworldly charms less he become distracted from his ultimate goal: World Domination.   -- The simple part of his master plan.

Now came the test, the test to see if all of his hard work and effort had been worth it. Another delight, he assured himself, letting the nerves pass him, for the hardest part was surely over. The next part, and those after, were truly simple in comparison.

Confidence back, full force -- if it even left in his brief pause of thought-- he swept into his living-room, work-coat flaring, to perch upon his couch like the pretentious bird he was. Finding a remote control stuffed into the side cushion, he turned on his larger-than life, full-screen TV -- such a perk for such a pretentious bird like him.

The channel was that of a live news broadcast with nothing particularly boring nor new, all the same, being on. Nothing struck his fancy much, and he was left with his built up anticipation sputtering and stuttering sluggishly out of his grip, slipping away to fill someone else's shoes, making Richard rather irate and irritated at this turn of events.

He thought glaring holes at the TV would change something beyond him actually physically pushing a button on any remote and, to some extent, some would say it did -- if only because he was glaring and sputtering for so long that something had to change.

So, naturally, there it happened.

A man of Chinese birth came on the news, talking politics or something else all together. They'd switched over to a different live feed was all he knew for sure -- it was hard to understand the man with his accent -- plus, neither Chinese nor English were Richard's native tongue...

Either way, there was nothing particular about this man. No race nor gender mattered here to a rich man who had a far more wider reaching plan. No, what mattered was the position and, though it was a small position in the Chinese government, this Asian man had it.

Really, this was a test of security for the man and a test of effective efficiency for the weapon.

Nothing personal, he thought, giving just a  whisper and a throw out his balcony window.

Gold gleamed in his mind's eye -- metallic and starry. 

Sitting on his couch, the wind blew the doorway's transparent curtains to and fro, an azure glow shining onto the floor in the shape of an arch befitting such a grand oasis. 

He watched with glee as the government official dropped, minutes later, in high definition. Such clear color.

He ecstatically flew to the window, after joyful waiting, receiving his beauty from the gifted air that carried it -- a shining star in the night, getting brighter and brighter as it closed on to home. A savior indeed, it announced!

"Marvelous," he said in aw, slowly walking over to his fireplace.

Blood showed on its middle. A touch proved it to still be warm, a rather impressive feat for a first time maneuver on the other side of the world.

A handkerchief was produced from his pocket to wipe off the dulling color. "This, I say, was a complete success." A smug smirk graced his lips, curving the skin which stubble sat upon.

Jessica was wrong.

"What is a dare if it is not met?" he asked her picture upon the mantle. Her smiling face, as she looked down upon him in their youth, had no answers. Her dirty-blonde hair up in a bun, a pink headband to keep stray hairs from falling upon her other features, were a stark contrast to his messing appearance, his long, messy, brown hair falling into his too-wide, blue eyes -- nothing compared to her hazel ones that were closed in the picture. The blue hue of the moon making those memories seem dead without the light of day they were taken with.

They had no answers so he answered for them -- for her. 

 "It is less than a truth and no less damaging."

He would show her. He would prove his worth with this one simple weapon, which was something more complicated due to his modifications -- something she'd never understand: 

A boomerang.