Chapter One: A New Day

Rocket's POV:

As I sat and waited for the clock to hit 8:15 am so I could set off and be slightly early for my first day at my new college, my cat came and greeted me as per her normal morning routine.  I looked at the clock. It was finally time to get up and go. I grabbed my bag, said goodbye to the cat and left. 

The walk was a short fifteen minutes. It was walking that made me miss the company of the dog I still hadn't managed to rescue from my idiotic drunk father. When I was moving out, I took the cat straight away but the dog was always chained up under lock and key so I needed to wait until my father left the house and he rarely did that anymore. I was just waiting for him to run out of alcohol. It wouldn't be long now.

I arrived five minutes before I needed to be. I received my timetable and map of the campus. The subject I had chosen were performing arts, which included; dance, drama, singing and behind the scenes tech.

I entered the room and looked around. There were eighteen people in total. Two of these people were either playing out a very convincing argument or actually about to tear chunks out of each other. 

Blaze's POV:"

"Tinks face it! You're jealous! You don't like the fact I haven't slept with you. Face it, you want me." My tone was calm. Her face was practically glowing red and I could tell she was about blow.

"You don't know what you're saying! Why the hell would I  want to sleep with someone who is so pig headed he thinks he can have anyone he wants. And yet here I am and if I am correct I am not on your list of bitches you've slept with, despite the countless amount of times you have offered." She sneered. I laughed briefly.

"Since when-"

"Now, if I could divert your attention from Mr. and Mrs. ShoutAlot and direct it to the lesson!" I looked up to see my arts teacher from last year and rolled my eyes. Great, stuck with him again. Thinking on it though, we might have the same singing teacher. I wouldn't mind that. 

We began with a normal warm up. After being put into pairs, I was grateful he hadn't put me with Little Miss. know it all. Instead I was put with a small, blonde woman who barely looked me in the eye to start with. 

"Okay, you have ten minutes to improvise and learn a scene to relate emotion. You can choose one of the following; love, hate, envy or passion. You can try to show more than one if you're feeling confident but make sure you can tell the difference between the individual emotions." 

I looked at my newest drama partner.

"I'm Blaze. You new here?"

"Yeah, I transferred. That's why I'm in second year PA. What kind of a name is Blaze?"

"It's a nickname. My actual name is Bradley, people call me Blaze due to my passion in the arts and also the fact that I don't have a great hold on my temper." 

"Oh. I guess that makes sense."

And at that we went to work.

Tinks' POV

After watching and performing I was glad when the lesson was over. I walked up to the girl who had been paired with Blaze.

"Hey there!" I said cheerfully. She looked up at me and smiled.

"Hi. Your performance was really good." she replied.

"Aw, thanks. Yours was amazing. I just feel bad that you got landed with Blaze. I'm Tinks by the way. It's my stage name though. My real name is Tallulah but I don't really like my name."

"Mines Rosana. I don't mind my name. It's different." 

"Yeah, anyway. We have dance next. I can't wait! The one thing I'm dreading is the fact I always get paired with Blaze. It's only because we dance really well as a pair."

"You don't like each other do you? Why is that?"

"Blaze is a little too big headed. I don't get why all the girls here swoon when he enters a room. I mean, yeah sure, he's good looking but he is a horrible person. But I guess it depends on the standards you have. And clearly most of the girls here don't have very good standards."

"Well then, I can't really comment because I don't really know him. I guess you're right on the whole "standards" idea. It makes sense." She smiled at me. 

"Yeah, so... Why did you pick PA? You look more of the hair and beauty type of girl if you don't mind me saying so."

"Of course not, I guess it's because it feels freeing. You can be anyone you want, with any backstory and any kind of personality. It's relaxing."

"Yeah, I get that. Come on, let's get to class."