Hippies Can't like Goths Chapter 2

.  When I got off at my stop I went straight to the forest instead of my house.  I hated my house.  It was full of meat, my parents are illegal poachers.  It was disgusting.  I hated it so bad, I had my own refrigerator.  I walked through the forest like I do a lot.  The forest really seemed magical lately, but I must have just been going crazy.  I walked to my favorite tree and took my book and sketchpad out of the secret place where I hid them.  I sketched and read until it was almost dark. 

Then I walked home.  I went straight to my room because our whole house was a meat package business.  Well, illegal criminal business.  Anyway, I went to my room and made my dinner.  I went to bed pretty early because I get up very early in the morning. 

I was having the weirdest dream.  There was a man who was chasing a wolf.  The wolf was running much faster but the man pulled out a gun.  All of a sudden Adam jumped on the man.  He stole his gun and gave it to the wolf.  The wolf basically destroyed it.  Then I appeared and said something to the wolf.  The man appeared to be running around, but then pulled out another gun and shot the wolf.  I woke up screaming.  My mom came rushing in.  I told her I was fine and got ready for school.

On the bus ride Adam still wasn’t talking to me.  I tried to ignore it the best I could but it did bother me.  This went on for about a week.  He still ate lunch with us, but seemed to always be in another world. 

One day at lunch he asked me, “Are your parents vegans, Leah?” 

“ No,”  I told him “Not at all.”  Yeah, that was the truth.

“Are yours?” I asked.

“Nah”, he told me, “but they are very supportive.”

Lucky him, at least his parents were supportive, unlike mine.

Another week went by and Adam was talking to me more now.  He was still acting a little funny, but I was glad to have him back.  I found out he lived only a couple blocks away from me.  Sometimes we would take walks in the forest or we would study at his house.  Sometimes I would notice myself staring at his eyes or think about him. 

I couldn’t like him, could I?  I mean he was a Goth and I was a hippie.  At least that’s what everyone at the school calls me.  Sometime I would catch him looking at me.  If I were a regular teenage girl, I would think that he liked me, but I was very cautious.  I really did enjoy his company. 

One month after he came everything seemed normal.  My parents did seem a little jumpy, but I tried to ignore it.  The day seemed pretty normal, but Adam was kind of sad when he talked to me.  He was always glancing at the time.  When the bell to release us for the end of the day came, Adam sprinted out of the class.  I just tried to ignore it, but I kept thinking “What was going on?”

I noticed that Adam wasn’t on the bus as I boarded and rode home.  I did miss having someone to talk to on the bus because let’s just say  I was not well liked.  When I got to my street, I noticed there were lots of police cars.

“Crap”, I thought to myself.

I was hoping this would never happen.  My parents were criminals, but they were still my parents and if they went to jail, what would I do.  I started walking towards my house, when I felt a jerk on my backpack and fell back into Adams arms.  Yes, Adam, of all people.  He took my hand and pulled me into the forest and started walking.  I followed him and we walked in silence for what seemed like forever. 

“I’m sorry” He told me finally “About your parents.  If I could’ve stopped my Mom from arresting them, If I knew you lived there before and I’m sorry You know and …”  He was talking really fast now and I could barely understand him. 

“Wait” I interrupted him.  “Your mom?  What are you talking about?”  I was so confused.

“My mom is a police officer, kind of well like an undercover police officer.  She was watching your parents and crap and then she called the other police and …” He was talking really fast again. 

I put my finger over his lips.  His fast talking was kind of annoying. 

“It’s OK.”  I told him.  “They’re criminals and they deserved to be caught, but” I was trying to hold back tears now because I never cried, but I was really scared because I had no idea what they were going to do to me.  As the tears came, I felt Adam’s hand touching my cheek, which just made me cry more. Then I felt warm lips against mine. Adam was kissing me.  ADAM WAS KISSING ME!!!!