Chapter 3 - A Meeting for Artemis

Zeus had a reputation to uphold.

He was the god of gods, the king of kings. The one to rule them all. He can't let anyone know his weaknesses. Zeus sniffed and wiped his nose with yet another tissue. He was sitting in his private room watching another episode of "Earthly Mortals" on his TV. When Hephaestus first gave him the device, he considered shattering it right on top of his son's ugly head. Although he won't admit it, he's glad Aphrodite stopped him and recommended that he watch this one show before he makes up his mind.

The show was very engaging. He wiped another tear away as the screen showed his favorite character, Alessa on her knees. She was weeping and clutching her young child Nichola closer to her chest. Oh, how sad. Losing a child must be difficult.

The show paused, a message flashing across the screen.

"Important Incoming Message"

Zeus sighed and checked his phone. Hermes sent out a message to all the gods saying Artemis is requesting an emergency meeting. As much as he was annoyed at his program was interrupted, Zeus was impressed with how convenient this all was. He had 5 minutes to make it to the throne room before Hermes would come and get him in person.

He blew his nose one last time, checking his appearance in the mirror to make sure he didn't look like he was crying. He didn't need anyone questioning him. He considered waiting longer, but the interruption had ruined his mood, he wanted it to be over with. Zeus straightened his back and flashed away.

In the throne room, Artemis was tapping her foot impatiently, something in her hands, eyes staring off into the distance. It seemed like he was a bit too early, with the only other god in their throne being Athena. Zeus noted how absent she seemed and recalled her mentioning something about a child.

"Athena," His voice bellowed, Zeus watched as his daughter straightened in her seat, looking at him with widened eyes.

"Yes father?" Oh, he scared her. It's good to fear authority, but that wasn't Zeus's intention. Whoops.

"You have a child now, correct?"

The look on Athena's face shifted to something more pained than what it was before. "Yes. Just last month. I have a daughter."

"Have you decided on a name yet? If not, I recommend you name her Alessa."

Athena smiled sadly. "Annabeth. Her name is Annabeth."

By this point, most of the other gods have started taking their seats, so Zeus allowed Athena to keep her child's name. For now.

Artemis seemed to reach her limit, deciding to start the meeting with both Poseidon and Demeter missing.

"My Hunters and I were in Arrmadilia Forest this evening. There was a pack of Hellhounds that killed a woman an-"

"Artemis," Zeus interrupted, rubbing his temples. "I am sorry about the demigod that died but there is nothing we can do. Did you truly summon me for such a pitiful matter?" Zeus left his show for this?

"But, father we weren't sure if she was a demigod. She had nothing to identify her." 

"I see, you got bored of playing hunter and you wanna start playing detective instead. HAH!" Dionysus laughed, slumping into his chair more and taking a sip of his... Come on Zeus, think. It was Alessa's Nichola's favorite thing to drink. Nichola, Nichola. Ah yes, Cola. He was drinking a Cola.

"That isn't why I've summoned you all here." Zeus looked around, noting Poseidon and Demeter's absence. Hmm, skipping out on meetings? Do they think that they are too important to show up? Zeus made a note to discuss this with them later.

"What is it then?" Artemis glared at him, but before she could explain.

WHIZ

An arrow flew directly at the wine god breaking the glass in his hand. Zeus didn't bother guessing who it was. With only two master archers, and one in plain view, it was easy to know Apollo shot the arrow.

"Hush now, old sot. My dearest sister has something important to say." He said.

From the corner of his eye, Zeus saw Athena laugh. Good, good. Laughter is good. But this meeting has gone on for far too long, and he still has no idea why he was summoned.

"Enough distractions. Now, Artemis, why are we here?"

"We found a demigod-"

"Take him to camp then."

"I tried. The Fates stopped be before I could."

I'm going to move some of the memories down here so they aren't just lost to time.

The dedication down here: firefire198 / mustashe / vixen1994

About the forest: Arrmadilia Forest(A/U:It's fake.I don't think I will be using many known places.Sorry)