Two Years Ago

Jimmy ran juxtaposition. I held my breath and caught the warm dandelions in the Mrs. Jenner's yard. I followed him, not because he was jesting about my freckled nose but he got the heirloom I've had from my Granny when she died couple of weeks ago.

The trees were bending. The strong wind was taking me nowhere but I was swift as the wind and held the hem of his dark green shirt. He cursed under his breath and smiled. 

"Damn. Why littles are so fast?" He handed me the piece and offered to let him clasp the necklace around mine. With his hands touched my nape, I felt electrocuted. I ignored and smiled. 

"Just because they're sly." He was year older than me. Running through the pavement like children chasing pollens was charming. Well, deviously charming. I was sixteen and he was seventeen. Probably he's going to Brown or Berkeley. He'd been accepted in Harvard . . . not Hogwarts. And we've been friends for so long. Since his half-brother came along, he'd been suffering pain not knowing his mother has an affair in London. 

Long enough I pictured him beside me. Through the messes we've made, how we created mud cakes in the park, almost ran his father car and bashed through the declined diner

>to be continued<