Chapter 1

This story used to be called Talent Show Story and I have changed it to Is it easy.

Chapter 1

School as boring as ever, all anyone could talk about was the talent show next week. That was all anyone had talked about for the past month.

Casey was sick of it, she knew it was another popularity contest and she was far from popular, with her chemistry partner Jess and her older brother Rory being the two people who even realised she existed.

Jess came around the corner walking with a frustrated look on her face to where Casey was standing by her locker.

“Casey, why didn’t you tell me you had entered the talent show?” Jess asked holding up the order list for the night of the show.

“That’s because I didn’t.” Casey said scrunching her face trying to figure out how her name could have gotten on that list.

“Oh, well maybe Rory knows something.” Jess said in her usual always ready to help fashion.

Casey’s expression changed fast almost as if a light bulb had flicked on, on top of her head. She was so sure of it she would give up her music collection if she was wrong, Rory knew more than something.

She turned on her heel and started to stalk off down the corridor.

“Where are you going?” Jess called after her.

“To go and hurl verbal abuse at my older brother.” Casey said over her shoulder trying to keep the icy ness of her anger out of her voice.

“Oh, well have fun and tell him I say hi.” Jess called back before hurrying off to where ever she had been before she confronted Casey.

 ***

“Why the hell did you do that” Casey shouted, “I told you I didn’t want to be entered in the stupid talent show, and what do you do, you enter me anyway. Why couldn’t you be a nice brother who listens to what I say?”

Casey’s red hair matched her anger as she glared at her older brother.

“Come on Case, its not that bad. I didn’t listen to you because you are really good and deserve this shot. You could win the whole competition if you tried.” Rory said trying to convince her.

“Well that’s all well and great, but you didn’t tell me I was entered, and I didn’t know until Jess told me.” Cat replied.

Rory rubbed his head awkward. “Ya about that, I kinda forgot.”

Casey did a face palm and shook her head. “Only you Rory. Only you. Why in the world do I put up with you?”

“Awe little sis that’s because I’m your favourite brother.”

“You’re my only brother, and sometimes I struggle to see how you are older. Fine I’ll do the talent show, it’s not like I have much choice.”

Rory hugged her. “I know you’ll do great sis.”

Casey smiled a mischievous smile and said, “Oh and Jess said to say hi.”

She then watched as her brother became flustered and his cheeks and neck went bright red. “Knew it, and I’m pretty sure she feels the same way.”

“You are evil twerp.” Rory said still blushing furiously.

“It’s just part of my charm and now thanks to some one I have to throw together a talent show act, so I’ll see you at home later.”