0.1

Hello everyone! Please enjoy your quality meme of the chapter and welcome to my first Clace fanfic! This fic takes place RIGHT AFTER CoHF ends. Literally, just a few hours later. So if you haven't read that yet, it will contain references and spoilers. Clace is the OTP, and I would really appreciate it if you kept reading! Thanks!

-

Clary awoke in darkness and not by the lake.

"Jace?" she whispers. No answer.

Clary sits up carefully, not knowing where she is. She's sitting on a bed, she knows that much. As her eyes adjust to the darkness, she starts to feel a certain familiarity. On a hunch, she walks one way and finds a light switch.

As soon the light hits her eyes, Clary's heart drops. "Jace!" She reaches for the doorknob behind her and runs down the familiar glass stairs.

"Jace!" she screams again, her breath starting to leave her.

"Oh I don't think screaming will do any good."

Sebastian.

-

Clary elbowed him as she fought to sit up, but Jace only held her shoulders down more. "Clary, wake up!" he whisper screamed, not wanting to wake the others in the surrounding rooms of the lake house, especially Jocelyn.

Her eyes fluttered open in understanding and he felt her muscles relax, although she was still breathing heavily. Jace let go of her shoulders carefully.

"Clary, what is it? Are you alright?" She sat up slowly and hugged him. He ran his hands up and down her back.

"Clary..." This was strange. It always seemed to be Jace that had bad dreams, mostly of Valentine, sometimes that Sebastian had possessed him again. But Clary? She'd seemed normal when they walked back from the lake just mere hours ago.

As if repeating his thoughts she breathed, "Sebastian. The mansion and you weren't there. He'd kidnapped me."

Immediately he knew what she was talking about. It reminded him of the rune on his chest, the rune that used to bind him and Sebastian.

"Shh, Clary you destroyed the house, remember? You're safe, I'm here, nothing can hurt you while I'm here."

That seemed to calm her. They lay down together, her head settled on my chest, his arm around her. It was like Clary fell asleep instantly, but Jace was wide awake, a bad feeling in his stomach. He'd had the feeling since Edom, when he saw Jonathan, not Sebastian, for the very first time.

He wasn't worried about Sebastian, the heavenly fire had fixed that problem, but he was worried about Lilith and Magnus's father. Lilith had every reason to want revenge when she reformed. As for Magnus's father...well, if he found out they were trying to make Simon a Shadowhunter, he didn't want to see what he'd do.

Stop worrying about what hasn't happened yet, Jace chided himself. But it seemed worrying was all he did now.

At least Jocelyn and Luke were married now and would soon go off on their honeymoon (they almost didn't. They were afraid to leave so soon after the war ended, but Clary convinced them to go). He smirked to himself, realizing he'd have Clary to himself without Jocelyn beating down on them every four minutes like a hawk.

That was better. Something he didn't have to worry about.

-

Clary felt like an idiot. Waking up screaming the night of her mother's wedding? Really?

When she awoke that morning, sunlight streaming through the windows, Jace was standing by the dresser pulling a shirt on. When he saw she was awake, he jumped on the bed head first, landing right next to her.