The Outcast (Chapter 10)

Chapter 10

            “Who knows your here, Yvette? “Xavier McColm whispered to his cousin Yvette McColm.

            “Um, only Grandmother? “Yvette answered, she was a terrible liar.

            “Yvette, do you know how bad this looks for me!?”He whispered in an angry voice.

            Xavier had home from school, still a little pissed up about Rose, and was awaiting a quiet evening of reading what his parent’s had planned for him this month and a big bottle of Cognac his parents had been saving for a special occasion, but that plan had been scratched away when he had come home to his Cousin Yvette Raymore just sitting on his couch.

            Every family has the outcast, well Yvette was his families. Yvette was the complete opposite of, well everyone who lived on the Upper East Side. Yvette was involved in some poker scam years back, and let’s just say in the end we had to pay 8 MILLION dollars to get her out of the situation. After that happened Yvette’s mom and dad had sent her off to some Military school, but it seemed somehow she had escaped and she thought he was going to help her, he hadn’t seen her in 7 years!

            “You’ve grown all up.” Yvette said, acting dumbly happy even though this would spark up an outbreak of rumors in the Upper East Side and in Tabloids.

            “Yvette, you have to leave NOW. “He said in an angry tone of voice, he already had to explain to his family that the girl he had been talking about marrying for 2 years had dumped him in 5 minutes at a bar.

            “Aw Come on Xavier, Let me stay!” Yvette whined, looking like a 6 year old.

            “How the fuck am I supposed to hide you here?!”He exclaimed, anger going through his green eyes.

            “You’re smart, you’ll find a way! “Yvette said jumping up and down pretending like he said yes.

            “I have to call your parent’s. “He said making his way to use the phone in the kitchen.

            “You don’t want to do that. “Yvette said in an ominous voice, she had her hands balled up in fists.

            “I’m not afraid you.” He said turning to her with the phone in his hand already dialing Yvette’s parent’s area code.

            “I’ll tell them you, you, you raped me! “Yvette screeched.

            Xavier stared at her in silence and utter fear. He knew he shouldn’t have been afraid of someone so tiny, but what if they believed her. Yvette was an amazing liar or “actress” as she used to call it, and he knew that her parents and probably the police were going to believe the “innocent” girl. Xavier had done some bad things in the past, and if they searched 4 feet of his room, they would   find….things that would probably land him in jail. What would that do to his family; he didn’t even like thinking of everything that they would have to go through just because some bratty cousin wanted to stay at his house for a while.

            If he let Yvette stay than their families would be in war, and you never wanted to see a McColm family war. Talk about taking sides, and the McColm family had big VERY BIG connections and when there was a hint of rivalry those connections turned to weapons to use against eachother.When there was a McColm family war, they weren’t a family anymore.

            “Sleep in the basement.” Xavier said his eyes locked on the wooden floors of his house.

            Yvette skipped away humming her eyes sparkling again….Had he just made one of the biggest mistakes of his life.