Chapter 3

Sam promised that he'd be at the Stowaway (my bar) the next night and that he'd bring his partner Sully. Little did he know that I knew Sully but hadn't seen him for years.
The bar wasn't really busy but there were still a couple of people there, along with our target Aaron Grayson. He was playing pool with a couple of "friends" and I've been watching him since he arrived. He had the invitation sticking out of his back pocket. So in case he wouldn't invite me for his party tonight, I could still pickpocket him.
Sam and Sully entered the bar and I smiled at them. I walked around the counter and towards them. A little to my surprise Sam greeted me with a kiss.
"Hi," he added and smiled at me.
"Hi," I said still a little taken aback from his kiss. He then put his hand on my lower back and mentioned towards Sully.
"Lucy, this is-"
"Nice to see you again, Sully," I greeted and hugged him.
"It's been too long, darling," he agreed and patted my back before releasing me from his arms. Sam was completely confused and raised an eyebrow at us.
"You...you two know each other?" Sam asked confused.
"When Nate...uh 'retired' I sometimes went to get some history information from her," Sully explained. "I know her because back in the day I used to work together with her father before he...uh..."
"So have you found out yet how we're gonna get the vase out of the party without anyone noticing us?" I interrupted Sully and turned to Sam. He looked at me a little irritated that I just interrupted Sully, but then he decided to ignore it.
"Uh, yes. Well we don't exactly need the vase; we just need what's on it. So a picture or something should be enough," he explained.
"Great, have a seat and let me get you some drinks," I said and then headed to the bar. Sully and Sam sat down by a table just next to the counter. I came back with some beers for them and then took a chair to sit by them for a while.
"So Aaron's back by the pool table and he's got the invitation in his back pocket. If things go sideways I could still pickpocket him," I informed them while they took some sips from their beers. Sam was a little surprised that I suggested to pickpocket Aaron.
"You want to pickpocket him?" he asked, again with a raised eyebrow.
"Don't underestimate my abilities," I said with a smirk.
"She might actually be even better than you," Sully said to Sam, who looked a little offended and scoffed.
"Nobody's better than me," he mumbled and took a swing from his bottle. I laughed and shook my head.
"Alright, I need to get back to work," I announced and got up. Paul was already drowning in work and was glad when I came to help him.
Just shortly after I heard Aaron announce to his friends that he'd get some drinks. I looked at Sam and Sully who apparently heard it, too, because they immediately looked back at me. When he came to the bar I tried to act as normal as possible.
"Give me four beers, beautiful," he ordered and winked at me. Ew, I didn't like it when he flirted with me but I guess I had to roll with it that night.
"Right away," I said and took four beers out the fridge. As I put them on the counter in front of him, he was smirking and took the beers and wanted to leave. I first thought that I had to pickpocket him now, but then he put the beers back down.
"Oh, before I forget," he said and looked at me. "You really sure you don't want to come to my family's party this weekend?"
"You know that those kind of parties aren't really my thing," I tried to act like I wouldn't want the invitation.
"C'mon, babe. I'd really love to see you in a dress for once and not in your everyday casual clothes."
I like my clothes they are comfortable. Jeans, a t-shirt and a flannel shirt; I don't need more.
Aaron leaned closer over the counter.
"And you know...maybe I could help you out of that dress later that night," he whispered and winked. If Sam had told me that, I would've felt excited. But with Aaron I only felt disgust. I acted normal and gave him a weak smile.
"So, what do you say? Is it a yes to the party?" he asked again as I stood back up straight.
"Alright, I'll give it a try," I agreed.
"Nice, I'll look forward to it," he said and took out one of the invitations from his back pocket and gave it to me. He took the beers and then went back to his "friends" by the pool table. I took the invitation and laughed to myself.
"Idiot," I said to myself and scoffed.
"I see you got it," Sam suddenly said in front of me and was leaning against the counter. I smiled and showed him the piece of paper.
"And didn't even need to pickpocket him," I said and put the paper in my back pocket.
"But I still want you to show me your skills," he challenged me.
"That's a creative way of telling me you want me to touch your ass," I joked, which made him laugh.
"That's cute."
We looked at each other for a while until I patted on the counter.
"So, you ordering or what?" I interrupted our staring.
"Yes, we need some more beers," he ordered. I took the beers, opened them and gave them to him.
"Have fun," I wished and smiled at him. He smiled back and then went back to Sully with the beers in his hand.