f o u r

After they finished their heated moment. Things sorta seemed like they were really on good terms.

  Love was in the air, new beginnings are being started and it's the start of something new.

Remy woke up, Jack's arms tangled around her waist.

  "Morning baby" his voice husky and low.
   "Good morning Jack" she pecked his cheek and got up.

Sliding the black silk robe over herself she got up, dragging herself into the kitchen.

Before she opened the refrigerator she noticed a knock on the door.

"One moment" she groaned, shuffling her feet to the door.
  "Your mail, ma'am"

She shuffled through everything, noticing a piece of mail for herself.

  'To Remy'

It was a letter.

Raising her eyebrows in confusion she opened it.

Immediately laughing as her stomach filled with butterflies.

  'YO REMY IT'S MATT LOL
  anyway, it took me five-ever to find you but I did and I'll be in town June 19- September to take care of ma gramz BUT WE SHOULD HANG This is this shortest letter ever. I could've texted you but I dont have your number so call in bud 526-456-5645
     Much love,
     Yo dearest Matthew '

Remy laughed and folded the note shaking her head.

"Today is the twentieth, he got out here yesterday" she spoke to herself.

   She figured why not, she's been stressed and Matthew was the one who got her out of her most depressing times. So why not go meet up with him.

Jack got up a twenty minutes later, noticing Remy dressed and a meal on the table.

   "Morning again, I'll be back babe" Remy said, drinking the last swallow of orange juice and kissing Jack on the cheek.

"Where are you going?"

"To meet a friend, I won't be long"

+

Remy dialed Matt number and waited anxiously for a answer. "Hello?"

"Matthew?"

"Remy! You got my letter"

"Yeah, I wanted to know if you could meet me Romario's pizza pub on South and Pine"

"Yeah of course, I'm on my way now, I'll see you there"

"Alright"

They hung up and Remy couldn't stop smiling. Matthew was finally coming back. The thing is, he was hoping to reunite and hangout, she was hoping he'd help her some how figure out what's going on. 

  Shortly, Matt reached the pub. Taking a look around and spotting Remy. "Remy!" Matt cheered, he walked over to her as she stood up.

His and her arms tangled around eachother quickly and a large sigh left Remy's lips.

"I missed you so much, Matt. What's up? How've you been?" Remy asked baffled at Matt appearance.

"I've been alright, I missed you too

"I've been alright, I missed you too. How's everything with you and Jack?" Just the question Remy was hoping he'd ask.

"Well, we're married" She noticed his eyes widen. "But the thing is, we married after six years of being apart. So like almost a week ago"  she cheesed nervously.

  "What?"

"Yeah I know. And I broke up him and his ex fiancé the day of the wedding"

"Did you guys even get a marriage license because if you don't you're kinda not married legally" Matt reminded her. "I don't think so" she sighed, "This is all just so much in the matter of five days"

"Maybe it was just young love we couldn't get over. Besides, we were eighteen. We didn't know much"

"Time is no measure of quality, and age isn't a measure of knowledge. At the time you and Jack saw something in each other that I know you still have" Matt preached.

"Its just- I don't know it doesn't feel as good ad I remember" the waiter bought out a Mediterranean pizza Remy ordered earlier.

(If you have a place called Bj's where ever you live order that shit  it's legit fire asf)

"Don't think too much, you and Jack have something special I'm sure of it. As of now, we aren't gonna be sappy and sad. We're gonna be happy and eat all day so tell me how New York has been for you"

And this is what Remy loved about Matt. How easy it was to talk to him, the valuable advice he gave. How effortlessly he could make her feel better and how immensely greatful she was to have him as a friend

  But as distant as she was to Jack, she never felt more close to Matt.