Call of the Dragons

Natsu POV

"And that my friends; is how I lightly blacken both sides of my fish snacks." Happy finished explaining and the whole table seemed to let out a sigh of relief.

"Happy, you realize you spent at least half an hour to explain to us why you always burn you fish....right?" Carla questioned from just beside Happy.

"It's not burnt!" Happy fought. "The art of cooking fish to the point of being black without it being burnt is an art that I have mastered!"

"Okay you brats quiet down!" Master's voice boomed throughout the entire two floor guild hall. "I have an announcement to make!"

"Wow, he doesn't often do that." I laughed, elbowing Grey in the shoulder. "Hey we didn't break anything again did we?"

"Not that I know of bro, we haven't gone out on a job in a couple days." Grey laughed, pushing me back with slightly more force.

"Oh god, I almost forgot about that job!" Lucy wined as she walked over to our table. "It took almost half the reward money to fix what you two destroyed."

"Quiet!" The Master yelled, there was a lot more force behind his tone and some annoyance. "This announcement has nothing to do with breaking anything! If you would listen to me you would know this already!"

There was a slight murmur sweeping across the guild hall as everyone threw out their own sorry. There were a couple moments of awkward silence and shuffling bodies as the master collected his thoughts and chose what he was going to say. As I looked at the stubby old man standing on the second story railing, I could see the stress wrinkles forming on his poor old forehead.

I watched the master's eyes scan over everyone, wanting to make sure everyone was listening. "The magic council has sent me a letter of grave importance, and I felt the need to share it with you all." Master began, his low scratchy voice carrying easily in the quiet guild hall. "There is a threat just outside of Dawn City. Nothing major has happened, but the danger for the people has gotten worse to the point where they can't go on the beach anymore. The council has asked me to send all known dragon slayers to Dawn City to help fight or contain this threat. The people of the city want to be able to live again, and the council thinks that the dragon slayers are strong enough to fight this."

"Master!" Wendy called, struggling to pull herself on the table top to catch his attention. "What is this threat that we have to go face?"

"The magic council hasn't told me much, but they did tell me that it was an ancient magic and that it needed to be dealt with by other ancient magic users." Though the master answered Wendy's question, it just seemed like he knew more than what he was telling us.

"Why not send the Wizard Saints?" There was a random voice that rang though the guild hall, I always wondered what his name was.

"Because!" The Master sounded very stress, he usually didn't yell at us like that unless we broke something valuable. "The Wizard Saints can't ever agree on a good way to fight together, they always try and fight their own way. Dragon slayers can work together, and they often put aside their differences for the good of others. That is why they have chosen to send all the known dragon slayers to Dawn City."

"Master, is sending Natsu, Gajeel and Laxus really a good idea?" Grey was the next to give Master a question. "It wouldn't take those three long to destroy a city, or a country."

"I know Grey, those three and Wendy are very powerful and they can't always control their powers." Master let his head drop slightly, almost as if he had thought about this before coming to talk to us. "But what the Magic Council wants, they get and I am not going to be the guild master that pisses them off."