One of the last ones standing

Hi, I'm Hope. I'm a 24 years old and live in a small town in Alabama. I work in a little shop in the town I live in.

You can say I'm different from the others. Meaning, yes, I'm human. I live in a world where it's full of vampires, werewolves, witches, demons, and even wizards exist! Humans don't exactly exist on this planet anymore. Every last human was either turned into one of the supernatural beings or they became blood bags for the vamps here.

I have not seen another human being in 5 years and 11 days. I only know this because the last human I ever seen was my best friend, and my lover. He was my fiancé. First time I saw him was in the fifth grade on August 15, 2021 and the last time I ever saw him was January 23, 2035.

He was kidnapped by a group of supernatural beings that had discovered he was human. He had called me while being chased and the last words he had said to me is that he loved me and regretted nothing in our relationship. Before I could even reply the phone line went dead.

I sometimes find myself thinking what had happened to him. Did he turn into a supernatural being? Did he turn into a blood bag for those disgusting creatures? Did he escape them and just never contacted me again? Did he just become a little toy for them to play with? I don't know but i don't think it's healthy to think these thoughts but I just can't help myself.

Probably curious how him and I stayed hidden from every supernatural being out there.

Well we first moved to small town when the supernaturals were starting to take over the world. I mean a small small town. Like if you drive through the town you better not blink or you are gonna miss it all.

Then we slowly became friends with everybody here. And started trusting everybody with our secret one by one.

The supernaturals do not look for humans anymore because they think we cease to exist. Which I don't blame them, it is pretty rare to find a human.

But the supernaturals here know I'm human and will not expose us. They promised