Hyper!

"I KNOW WHAT IS BEST FOR MY DIET. I WILL NOT FALL INTO THE TEMPTATION OF UNHEALTHY FOODS. I AM STRONG."  

She stared at her fingers, playing with the Chinese finger trap that held both her index fingers captive in its tight grip. As the group chanted the same 3 sentences again, she rolled her eyes.

"Ms. Fields, would you like to join us?" A round woman with a huge smile asked, looking at her intently. 

Over my dead body. Lae thought to herself, eyeing the annoying, overly-bubbly woman warily. As she finally got the finger trap out of her fingers, she studied her intently.

"No thank you. I would like to prolong my addiction in sweets and cookies, but thanks for the offer." She replied sweetly at the therapist whose smile had dropped.

"Well, your mother has sent you here for your best well-being so do not worry. We all know it is a really hard process but we're all here for you, don't worry." The therapist smiled again, encouraging Lae in a manner that made her feel like she was a toddler learning how to walk. 

She stared at the therapist long and hard as the therapist stared back, curiously.

What is her name again? Hmm. I totally forgot. Stupid mom. Sending me to a dumb group therapy for my so called addiction. I'm merely enjoying life's little joys- how could anyone want to not love candies and cookies?! Mom. Thats who. Gah. Mom, who never makes any sense like naming me Lae. Seriously, mom? Its Laos and we're not even Thai. We're freakin American, you confused twit! Worse yet, it means 'dark-haired'. Gee, I wonder why, when I'm a freakin blonde!!! Hah. I'm not surprised you're colourblind. Poor mummy.

Lae's train of thought was interrupted by someone clearing his throat uncomfortably. Breaking off their intense staredown, the therapist smiled towards the pudgy, obese man who cleared his throat apologetically before turning to Lae again.

"Now, Ms FIelds, how about we encourage you with having a few of our friends here tell us about how their journey in overcoming this addiction has been?" Without waiting for an answer, the therapist turned to a round woman who reminded Lae of yoga balls. 

"Ummm. Well, I've been on a veggie diet for a month now." The woman said looking a little jittery. 

"Oh, wonderful! How good to see that you're making great progress, Simone!" the therapist cheered. 

And the toddler is now walking! Whoooo! Look at the proud big momma cheer!!  Lae thought sarcastically.

"How about we hear from you, Thomas?" A middle aged man immediately stood up, grinning confidently.

"I've been avoiding sweets n sugary snacks for 6 months now. My diet consists of meat, veggies and cereal." Thomas announced proudly.

Silently, Lae took out a chocolate wafer from her back pocket. As she unwrapped, she felt the stares of 8 people on her. Bingo, Ms Annoying. I've conquered your group. Check and mate. 

Smirking, she took a bite of the yummy chocolate wafer, closing her eyes as she put on a show of bliss, moaning and licking her lips. 

"Wow, thats some magical stuff. Soooo.... gooood....!"

"Ms. Fields! We do not allow eating in sessions, especially those unhealthy junk food!" The therapist sternly scolded, all traces of her perkiness gone. Lea rebelliously ignored her and took another bite, smirking. Turning to her left she smiled at Thomas, whose confidence had fallen to ruins as he sat there, mouth agape, hungrily eyeing the chocolate wafer in her hands. All that was left of him now was vulnerability.

"Oh man, dude. You HAVE to try this. Its chocolate coated heaven. And we all know what chocolate is like right? Paradise. Delicious, paradise." Lae spoke, before taking another bite, slowly munching for the sake of giving a show of it.