Not So Awkward When I'm With You

Hiccup was on cloud nine.

He couldn't believe this was happening.

I mean he hasn't even told Jack yet that he has asked her out and that they had been dating for the past two weeks.

Well, they were small dates really. One was at Tiana's cafe, where they both sat drinking coffee (well tea for Hiccup's sake, coffee had a bitter taste for him). They both talked about conversations that led nowhere, only into an awkward silence, where the tension was thick and no one wanted to break it.

Another was at the movie's where she suggested they watched Civil War and Hiccup was thrilled because he was such a nerd for the Avengers. They both sat in the cushiony recliner seats, where their hands only touched when they both reached for the popcorn.

He would blush and take his hand away and just stare at the screen, trying to get his focus on the movie, but his mind was clouded with her.

Her. She was beautiful in anyway possible. Her hair, her eyes, her accent, and the way she took crap from no one, and never let her inside show. So when he asked her out, he expected a, 'Uh, sorry, nothing personal, but you're a wee bit of a freak, and I'd like it if you stayed away from me.' Yeah, that would be another thing, she's very honest. But no, he got a, 'Sure! What time? I'm free around seven?'

When he saw her confidence, he expected her to start conversations, be the more social one in the relationship, but it was different. When he picked her up that evening to go to a small town diner and she was wearing her hair tied back with jeans, a dark blue cardigan with a black shirt, and gray vans she seemed nervous.

They walked there and he had a whole list of things to start a conversation, but no words came out and it was silent the whole way there.

But now, now, she was confident and he was glad he brought it out of her.

I mean the big steps in the relationship didn't even start until Friday, which was two days ago. When they were driving back from another movie in Hiccup's car and he stopped a few houses away from her house because she didn't want her parents to freak out that she was coming home after curfew with a boy.

She leaned over and grabbed his hands and placed them in hers. He instantly faced her and her eyes, oh those pretty blue eyes, were boring into his.

"Did - did you like it?" He asked, stuttering.

"Of course I did, Hic (That new nickname was used commonly after they decided that in a relationship the couple needed cute nicknames. 'It's essential that we, a couple, need nicknames.' 'Nicknames? Like honey, sugar pie, darling...' 'No, no, like - uh - Mer.' She giggled, 'Okay then, Hic.'), I just think we're taking it too slow."

"Really? I - I thought you wanted it slow?"

"Well, I mean how long have we been together now, a week, two weeks, whatever, but I think we should take it further than this."

"How? Are movie dates not enough? I could-"

She laughed, Her laugh was like music to his ears, "No, no silly, like this."

She pulled his hands towards her and their lips crashed together. Fireworks exploded in his head, everything was a blur and she was the only thing that mattered, the only thing.

It had only been that night when his phone rang at 2 AM, waking him up.

"Hello? Who is this, sorry I didn't look at who was calling."

"It's me." It was her.

"What's up?"

"Sorry for waking you, I just, I can't sleep. Holding you like that, there was this warmth I can't explain. Can I hold you again?"

He hesitated, "Yeah, meet me at the park."

She hung up, so did he.

It was peaceful and quiet, the trees were the only thing heard, as leaves bristled against each other from the calm winds.

They sat on a picnic table, their feet resting on the benches. Her head was leaning on his shoulder and their hands were intertwined.

None of them spoke, but no words were needed to describe what they felt.
________

Her lips pulled away, her eyes meeting his, "I know it's pretty early to say this, but I love you."

Hiccup inhaled, then a huge grin covered his face, "Who cares if it's too early to say it, I love you too."

She matched his smile and pulled him in again, their love as strong as ever.

A/N: okay maybe they were making out woops. This just randomly came to mind and it's really late so sorry for any spelling errors! ~Rain