Snow Flakes

One.

I've met him several times before. 

In school, our eyes stayed wherever it were supposed. Only his name hangs in the air.

Jared Mulligan. Who is he? 

I tried to compose myself and befriend him. Went to different parties to see him and try to socialize with Jared. Though being a desperate girl bugged me to stop. So it happened. And never looked for him even if I everyday see him on school. 

I skipped atending soirees. School assemblies as he's the president of student council. I can't tell you that he's a pompous jerk. Well, I think you could guess that's that. But there was still goodness and intelligence runs in his veins. 

My friend Ruby Jin. American-Korean girl whose hair was entirely flaxen, skin so translucent, and her eyes are different shades of color rather than brown what an usual Koreans will have. Her nose was upturned. 

She tugged the hem of my shirt. I turned and see her eyes were averted over my head. She's taller than me. I'd admitted that she overtowered an American girl. I rolled my eyes and drifted my glare and see Jared holding Amber Merriweather's hands and kissed it with his full lips. 

I told myself it was okay. But really. I mean. Okay. Jealousy strikes and my knees went wobbly. I stood firmly on the ground as they passed the hall. Amber's really a bitch when it comes to snaking boys about her limbs. I didn't hate her since then. I found her amusing and bright like christmas lights. It makes me wanted to cry but I couldn't since I swore upon my Gramma's grave I wouldn't chase Jared Hulligan after he rejected me.

My mother told me once, how can I get be loved when he's too aloof under my radar? Like he's not my friend. He's a classmate in all of my subjects. He's on the neighborhood but we never talked to each other like ever. I knew my instinct screamed run! But I ignore them and walked pulling Ruby with me in my last subject.

But before I could walk, I saw him staring blandly at me with Amber's absence and saw his brother Jimmy Hulligan. I wished Jim will just go away too. Tears started to fall from my eyes. And then I ran.