The Witching Hour (The Originals)

It's a long story to explain what  happened next. So I'll just give you the details needed; I'm human again, turns out reuniting your soul to your hybrid body after going to Paradise can do that to you. I kind of figured-your soul cannot just leave it's body and then come back without some repercussions. After the initial shock wore off, I went on to help my friends in defeating the hunters who just kept coming back from the dead (also a long story), get rid of Kol and saved one Elena Gilbert from her psycho doppleganger Katherine Pierce who is also now a human.

It's safe to say she's suffering a lot more than I now though. In fact, I'm glad to be human again. It's hard to explain because being a vampire gave me a lot more strength and speed and though I kept my powers as a witch while a vampire, my powers were also restricted to what nature would allow and I was constantly having to keep my magic in check or lest the witches on the other side take control of me. Now, my magic was my own again. It was a great feeling.

What wasn't a great feeling, was having one pissed off two thousand year old immortal chasing after you. Silas didn't seem to like his plan of allowing his lost love to take over my body being terminated. Well whatever, he could deal.

I just needed to disappear for a while. What better place than New Orleans, the land of witches, and my hybrid boyfriend/not boyfriend where he could properly protect me from one angry immortal? Okay so technically I could protect myself, but I was feeling rather lazy as of late. Being human kind of does that too you. You get tired a lot easier.

I enjoyed it.

Humanity was something I could definitely get used too once more.

The streets of New Orleans were crowded and I detected over a dozen vampires just on this street but gave them no heed-as far as I'm concerned vampires are my underlings. I took in a deep breath of air-ah how I loved the smell of New Orleans. There was always a sort of electricity of magic in the air. Looking around to avoid detection of humans, and then summoning a flame in my hand. I planned on using the fire to send a message to Elena to let her know I had arrived safely and unharmed-a way of communication in which no one could track.

Elena didn't know who I was running from and she didn't need too. She didn't know where I was going either-our agreement had been as long as I told her I was alright in some way she wouldn't come looking for me. Despite everything, that girl was a good friend too me. Caroline and Damon too. My friends.

The fire was extinguished in my hand as I was suddenly shoved into an alley, stumbling and falling over my own heels and landing harshly on the wet brick ground. I made an 'oof' sound and then looked up to glare at the person who had pushed me. It was two of them-vampires. I got my to my feet and crossed my arms over my chest, keeping my head up.

"What the hell was that for?" I hissed. They smirked at each other and one of them cocked their head as they moved towards me, eyes roaming my form. Ugh-gag me not another vampire pervert-I was seriously getting sick of those things.

"You're a new witch in town, aren't you?" He asked and I raised an eyebrow.

"No, what was your first clue?" I asked sarcastically. His smirk widened.

"Let's take her to Marcel. He should decide whether or not she should be punished for using magic." he said and grabbed my arm. My eyes flashed with color and he let out a screech as his hand burned.

"What the hell?" He shrieked as he looked at his burning arm. I smirked and approached the two of them, meeting the vampire who had grabbed hold of me eyes.

"Careful what you do, leech. I may not be immortal but I can still crush you with the blink of an eye." I sneered and moved to walk past them. Just as I stepped out of the alley something hit the back of my head and everything went dark.