Chapter One: Sixteen years a werewolf

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Reedited because there was way to much detail.

And I hope y'all like it, I am kind of trying new things out and this book kind of is what I've been focusing on lately.

'When the days are cold, and the cards all fold.

and the saints we see are all made of gold.'

- Imagine Dragons, Demons.

The cold wind rushed from the outside, my cheeks suddenly were crashed with the freezing air that caused shivers to spread through-out my entire body. I shut my eyes, I'll never get used to that, the cold at least.

It was strange, living in a place where the seasons are so different, and the weather can change from snowing to ninety degrees in just a day. I rubbed my hand across my bicep, feeling the soft fabric that stretched to my wrists. The sweater I was wearing had been a Christmas gift from one of the Alphas in the North- as a nice gesture to say we still are allies.

I felt another hand grasp my shoulder, my brother. He was staring at me with the same grey eyes we shared, he was smiling, saying something but I was still to chilled from the freezing weather to hear him.

"What?" I asked aloud, as he pushed me gently out of his truck and reached in the back of the pick-up to grab three big boxes that each had a separate address to the most remote forests in America. Inside of those three boxes were the contents of expensive gifts for Alphas' we were allied with, and their families.

We always did this, every year I'd go shopping with my brother to the Woodland Hills Mall that was an hour away from our small town, pick through name-brand shops for clothes and gadgets that cost a pretty penny, and wrapped them. The other Alphas did this too, sent both of us a boxful of presents.

"I can't believe it has been three years." My brother said as he easily carried the three boxes in his huge arms, he jerked his head, signaling me to open the Post Office's entrance door.

I obliged and laughed humorlessly, "Time sure does fly." I told him, three years with my brother being Alpha, three years with Christmas without my parents.

He slid in the warm post office and quickly put them on the counter top as the office-lady told him the price of mailing the boxes. I frowned, my parents hadn't exactly died a violent death- my mother had died from having a stroke while driving, it was said she died on the scene. My father- his health dropped within a week of my mother's death, and soon he followed her to the grave on the tenth day without her.

"Come on," I heard my brother say.

I laughed, "I'm coming, Simon." I said with a quick tone, he lead me to his pickup and quickly made sure I had shut the truck door correctly- it was usually to heavy for me to even close, but this time I had managed it. Simon ran over to his side, starting the engine and pulling out of the lot.

*

Curled up in the leather seats that were currently heated, I exhaled. It was always like this, Simon would take me every where he went except instead of his Alpha meetings. Unlike the rest of the female werewolves that were allowed to roam freely without supervision from their brothers, I was stuck with Simon. They were all so caught up that I was destined to be a Luna since I fit the description- Short and related to some kind of higher wolf, and I hadn't shifted into my wolf form, even if I was almost seventeen.

Lunas didn't shift until they met their mates- why? Probably because when they don't have their mates, their hormones are probably going more to the human form and not the wolf.