Chapter 5

~Raymond’s POV~

            It’s been 2 weeks of Aiden coming over almost every day after football practice and Scar tutoring him. Oddly enough they have been getting along just fine and haven’t killed each other yet. Aiden’s academic grades have gone up, way up. The tutoring is really helping him. He went from failing to a 75. I was absolutely amazed when he showed me that.

            I think Scar is actually enjoying the company and attention she is getting from Aiden. Recently she’s been happier and dozes off a lot. Then a scary thought crossed my mind.

            *What if Scar and Aiden start dating?* I nearly spit out all of the water I was drinking.

            Scar came into the room ready for school, so we went outside and waited for Aiden. I looked at my sister and started a conversation.

            “So how is studying with Aiden going?” She looked at me and sighed.

            “He’s doing a lot better than what he was. And he actually does the work without a fight, which is good.” She stared straight ahead again with a small smile on her face.

            “Yeah, he’s passing with a 75. Keep it up and you won’t have to keep tutoring him. He’ll be able to get it so well, he won’t need anymore help.” The small smile on her face completely died and now she looked sad.

            “Yeah, it’ll be great won’t it? He’ll get to go back to his normal life.” I went to say something but Aiden pulled up and she quickly hopped in the back seat.

            When I got in Aiden looked at Scar worriedly in the mirror, then he looked at me with a questioning look. I shrugged my shoulders lying to him saying that I didn’t know. Aiden drove and it was a very tense ride. As Aiden parked in his normal spot at school, Scar got out and went to her friends. I went to open my door but suddenly it was locked.

~Aiden’s POV~

            I went to pick up Scar and Ray like I do everyday and when I got there Scar pretty much dove into the car. This kinda scared me because it was sort of like the times when she really hated me and just wanted to get to school. Ray got in and I looked at him confused. He shrugged his shoulders, but I knew that he knew and if he thinks he’s going to get away that easily then he is very wrong.

            We arrived at the school and I parked in my normal spot. When Scar dashed out of the car, I looked at Ray to see he was about to get out as well. As soon as he touched the door handle I locked the car. He looked at me surprised and sighed.

“Ok man, tell me what’s up with your sis.” Ray looked out the window not wanting to tell me. “Ray, what’s wrong with Scar?” I asked this time. Ray looked at me.

            “Aiden, have you developed feelings for my sister?” He asked very sternly. The truth was I didn’t even know the answer to that question.

            “No man, but I feel like me and her were becoming friends.” Ray raised an eyebrow.

            “Since when did you want to be friends with my sister?” I froze at this. I had to come up with something and fast.

            “It makes the tutoring a lot less uncomfortable.” I glanced out at the window at Scar talking to her friends. They apparently said something that embarrassed her because Scar’s face was now bright red. I smirked at this and thought it was kind of cute. I looked back at Ray and he unlocked his door.