x5x

"Everyone's room adjusts to their powers. Sentara and Maxwell created the environments with an old Professor of ours," he informed when we had stepped out of the elevator. It was downstairs and beneath the school. I didn't even know there was an underground floor. "But of course everyone trains differently to develop their powers at the pace they want."

He ushered me to the side and I saw a thick-shut door with a window. The room was white and clear. There was a long table on the side with items that looked like boxes and a stack of water beneath the table. Cheshire was just sitting, facing the side wall, bouncing something against it. However, when he threw the ball the first time, the wall changed into an indigo color—splashed with a yellow from the elastic sound of the collision—and then met his hand once more. In the rhythm, he bounced the ball against the floor and wall once more and the wall was covered in bright green with a new sound splatter of indigo. Whoa.

He suddenly looked over and took a double take. The ball returned to his hands, but then he stood and seemed to keep it in his fist. He walked over and opened the door.

"Hey, cutie," he greeted and then opened his hand to reveal the bud of a rose. He pulled the petals through his cupped fist and a stem emerged on the base of the rose. He held it out to me. It was amazing what he could do and it was the most special thing I've seen since I've been here.

He looked up.

"Is she getting a room today or what? Because I don't know her power but if Isaac or Skye don't get a room, then—"

"She's just observing," Mr. Leader announced. Cheshire looked between us.

"Something going on?" Cheshire asked. "You don't usually interrupt development."

"Well I figured that she needs to see it and none of you guys seem to be legitimately doing anything," he assured. Spinning color onto walls and changing objects in your bare hands was nothing?

"Why do something when I already know how to do everything?" Cheshire asked.

"Whatever."

He held the rose out to me and when I grabbed it, it turned into a silver fork. He backed away and grabbed a medium sized, flat box. He removed the lid and then revealed the same fettuccine from earlier. I heard a growl from behind and then the fork was being ripped out of my hand and thrown against the colored wall, back to its original ball state that made the ball go back to normal.

"That was rude," Cheshire commented as I thought it.

"We already ate," he informed. Cheshire wiggled his eyebrows.

"Wow, first date already?" Cheshire asked. "Let me be the first to say, I'm so happy for—"

"Get back to work," he said and then slid the door between us. "I can't stand him."

"I can tell," I giggled. We walked down the hall to the next room and saw Indica sitting on a bean bag chair, painting her nails. As soon as we were in front of the window, she smiled at the gorgeous boy next to me, but then her eyes darkened at the face of me. He slid the door open.

"What a surprise!" Indica cheered, standing up to rush over and hug the guy. I should've known he'd be with the most gorgeous girl here. Or maybe she was just trying to make me jealous because I was starting to like him, despite his hostility.

"Are you seriously just sitting here doing nothing?" he asked her. Her smile slowly fell, but it was still there. She smirked even. Then she nodded up to the ceiling.

"I wouldn't call that nothing," she commented. I looked up and there were chairs and tables pushed up against the ceiling as if there was some invisible shield protecting us from them. I heard a humming noise and saw clear, pink force field-like protection, pushing them up.