Facing the Mirror

I sat on my bed flipping through a Seventeen Magazine looking at all the pretty, skinny girls that I wish I could be. Why did I get so unlucky that I got this body? I sighed to myself and took out my phone. Shining bright on my screen was a message that said

1 missed message

I opened up the message and read " Hey Leah, I don't know how to tell you this without being harsh... were over. you're just not my type."

I threw my phone on my chair across the room and closed my eyes. Tears were spilling down my cheeks, but I knew what he meant. I was too fat. Aaron and I had been dating for about 2 weeks now and he was a really good guy. He held doors open for me and did everything a gentleman should do. I could see the way he looked at my body though,in disgust.  I looked down at my huge legs and cried even more.

I got up from my bed and went over to my closet. I grabbed a mini ladder and rummaged around on top until I found the exact thing I was looking for, my package of Oreoes.  I quickly ripped the package open and started stuffing as many as I could in my mouth. Tears were still streaming down my face and they started making my Oreoes soggy, but I didn't care and ate them still. In matter of minutes, I had eaten all of the cookies. I fell to the floor and started to hyperventilate. I was so disgusted with myself. How could I eat all of those?

 I got up from my posistion on the floor and went over to my stereo and turned up the music really loud. I then walked over to my personal bathroom and opened the toilet lid where I let myself puke up all the oreos I had just ate letting the music drown out the barfing sounds I was making.

I was suffering from Bulimia Nervosa.