Chapter 4

Edited Date:01/05/2023

Juliette Pov

"But I can't help, falling in love with you,"

I'm standing in a meadow, bathed in the warm glow of the sun, a gentle wind hitting my face. The grass beneath my feet is soft, and the flowers around me are in full bloom, filling the air with their sweet fragrance. In front of me, a man stands with his back turned towards me, his head tilted back towards the sky. He seems at peace, content to simply bask in the warmth of the sun. He was looking utterly breathtaking in his light sky-blue shirt and white pants.

As I step forward, my hand stretches out towards him, desperate to touch him, to feel his warmth. But just as my fingertips brush against his back, he turns away, walking off into the distance, leaving me behind.

"Emmett?" I call out softly, but he doesn't stop. Instead, he continues to sing in a low soothing voice, the words of an Elvis Presley song that I know all too well.

"Take my hand, take my whole life too, for I can't help falling in love with you," he sings, his voice was like a balm to my wounded heart.

I feel a lump form in my throat as I listen to him, the beauty of his voice overwhelming me. I want to stay here forever, listening to him sing, but as the song ends, he disappears into thin air, leaving me standing alone in the meadow.

"Emmett, wait!" I call out, but he's already gone. I'm left with nothing but the echoes of his singing, and the ache in my heart that I feel whenever I'm around him. The man I longed for, Emmett, seemed like a distant star that I could never reach, despite my desperate attempts.

Suddenly, the dream begins to spin and swirl, until I'm left gasping for air, my heart racing. The gentle wind in the meadow turned up like the one of a cyclone. 

"Juliette! Juliette!" I hear my dad's voice calling out to me, jolting me out of my dreams. I'm not in the meadow anymore. I'm in my bed, and my dad is standing beside me, a look of concern etched on his face.

"It's okay," he reassures me, his hand resting on my shoulder. "Everything will be fine."

I take a deep breath, trying to calm my racing heart. Then I turn to my best friend, Kiara, who is standing beside me now, with a reassuring smile. 

"It's okay, Jules," she says, echoing my dad's words. "I'm always here for you. Everything will be fine," she said, the same words she had been saying since we were children.

But suddenly, everything started to spin in a circular motion, making me feel dizzy and disoriented. When I opened my eyes, I was gasping for air, realizing that it was all just a dream.

The reality of my situation hit me like a ton of bricks. I was alone in a dark room, dressed in a white blood-stained dress. I felt a lump form in my throat as tears streamed down my face, knowing that none of the people from my dream were with me. 

It's strange how dreams can feel so real, yet they crumble so easily once we wake up. The people we long for, the moments we cherish, all fade away like a mist in the morning sun, leaving us with nothing but memories. But then I couldn't give up. I lost Emmett but I can't lose my family. I have been abducted and have been kept away from them. 

With all my might I got up from the hard cold floor and started banging on the door. It was dark, I could see nothing in the damn room but I didn't care. Anger was eating me now. I wanted to find answers and see my family. 

"Open the damn door!" 

And suddenly I hear someone turning the knob and I get back waiting for the person to open the door. It was a lady. She walked in, with food in her tray. She raised the tray towards me but with a fit of anger, I smashed it away from me.