Watt I Read (And Like)

“If you don't have time to read, you don't have the time (or the tools) to write. Simple as that.” -Stephen King.

Oh man this is like the first time ever where there has been so many quotes I want to add hell I'm tempted to just make an entry of my favorite quotes ever. But yes Stephen King is right oh so right. Which is why this important to discuss in my opinion. 

This is the first in several little segements. This one will be about actual published books I've read and recommend. The next one will be about writing on Wattpad that I enjoy. 

So if it hasn't been clear before...I love reading. Seriously. I don't think I'll ever be able to express how much I love reading and what it does for me. But I'm sure many of you understand that emotion perfectly. 

I love to read any genre, I'm open to it all as long as the plot and characters intrigue me I will read it. 

So here are some books that are my absolute favorites. Now this is only some of them. And don't worry no spoilers will be found here.

I can't just talk about my love for reading without mentioning Harry Potter, but there's no need for me to discuss it either except to say if you've been under some rock and haven't read the series. You definitely should. Even if you've seen the movies because there's actually a lot that was left out. Whole subplots weren't even mentioned in the movies.

The Tearjerkers: These are the books that I will admit have made me cry. 

Let's start off with one that I guess is a children's book. I don't know. It's called A  Monster Calls by Patrick Ness. It's almost like a picture book because it has pictures on every page but think of a little kid's bedtime story plunged into darkness and pain. The result of it is this book. The pictures if you're anything like me (a dark soul and mind) will make you fall in love with their hauntingly beautiful images. The story itself? A little boy has a terminally ill mother who probably won't make it. He feels lonely and obviously sad. and at night a monster visits him. The monster isn't exactly what you think or expect. But he promises the little boy to tell him three stories in exchange for a story of his own, the truth. What is the truth? You find out by the end and if you're anything like me the "truth" will make you take a step back, put the book down and really try to imagine what that boy feels. 

I love this book because it centered around this idea that I always think about and I'm sure a lot of us think of it when someone is sick and dying but we are too scared to fully think of it. This book crosses the line and has you thinking of those thoughts you don't even want to think about let alone say. The ending may be a little predictable but it's how you get there that makes it worthwhile and sticks with you.

Have any of you heard of the book The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini. He's written three books. And while the three of them are all standalone I recommend every single one of them. I've only just started reading the third one, And The Mountains Echoed even though I've had it since May when it first came out so I can't talk about it yet. But The Kite Runner and A Thousand Splendid Suns. I cried with both of these books. I didn't just cry. I sobbed. If you read them and assuming you have a heart they will break that heart of yours and you'll love every second of it because you got the chance to experience it. I can't even do them justice if I tried to describe them. But just know that they deal with issues pertenent to Americans, Muslims, and ignorant people. I would hope that those that are ignorant would read them and understand that these people that they so cruelly judge are nothing more and nothing less than people just like everyone else. I've never felt any of that prejudice towards Muslims or the Middle East. My best friend is Muslim but after reading the books I certainly have nothing but respect for people in the Middle East.