Chapter Thirty-One - It Kind Of Happens A Lot

Chapter Thirty-One - "It Kind Of Happens A Lot"

☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼

It was raining when I woke up in what I thought was the morning, but I couldn't really tell because it was still dark outside. And it was strange, because I could hear birds chirping outside, even though it was storming.

So I sighed and shifted from my side onto my stomach. I buried my face into the pillow under my head, and then I realize that it didn't smell like my normal pillows. They smelled like men's shampoo.

It kicked in then that I slept at Eric's house.

I leaned up slowly and rubbed my eyes as I looked around myself. It was dark in his room, with a blue glow seeping in through the windows from the morning light. My phone was dead and somewhere on the floor, so I had no idea what time it was. Not that I really cared.

Eric snored softly beside me, and I giggled. I turned my head to look at him and he was sleeping so peacefully, with his arms above his head and his lips parted in the slightest bit.

It honestly made me want to kiss him. But I didn't. It was too soon.

A yawn came from me as I laid back down and shut my eyes, hoping I'd fall back asleep; I never did. Because moments later, Eric stirred and woke up as well.

He groaned loudly and rubbed his eyes, then turned his head to look at me.

"Hi," he whispered. His eyes are barely even open as a sleepy smile made its way onto his face.

"Morning," I bit my lip as I smiled too.

"I almost forgot you were here," he said, his voice raspy and tired. "But then you kicked me a couple times, so I remembered."

"Oh my God, did I really?" I held back my laughter.

"No. Only once," he grinned.

"Sorry," I sheepishly smiled.

"It's alright," he shrugged it off, still smirking. "As long as you're okay now."

"I feel a lot better than I did last night," I nodded.

"Good," he nodded too. "Do you know what time it is?"

"No I don't," I shook my head, sighing a little.

"Well, something tells me it's still early," he chuckled.

Then a loud, obnoxious knocking on his door had us both jumping.

"Eric!" What sounded like a little boy's voice came from the hall. But I remembered that he only has a sister that was a few years older than him, so I had no idea who the boy could be.

"Shit," Eric muttered, shaking his head. He leaned up and ruffled his hair, shouting back to the mysterious boy. "What is it?"

"Can I come in?"

Eric groaned in return. "What do you want?"

The door burst open and in came a little boy with a big, mischievous grin on his face. Then he stopped in his tracks and stared at me in confusion.

"Who's she?" He pointed at me, raising his eyebrows and crinkling his forehead.

"Wyatt, this is my friend Lindsay," Eric gestured to me. "And Lindsay, this is my ten-year-old cousin, Wyatt. He's annoying and always in my business, but he's like my little brother."

"Hey, don't say that about me," Wyatt huffed. "Hi," he then waved to me.

"Hi," I waved back with a smile. Wyatt came over and hopped onto the bed with us, sitting on the edge of it.