Chapter 7

It's been a couple weeks after Carries surgery. Looking frail and battered, she walks down the hall of her Nashville home and straight into the arms of her loving husband standing in the kitchen.

"I know you are feeling crummy baby, but you've got to face your fears. Everyone is gonna find out eventually" Mike said trying to ease his wife's pain. "You don't understand Mike, I...I just can't go out there looking like this" Carrie said starting to well up.

🎶And now it's, forced smiles and baggy shirts to hide what the cancer took from her. she just wants to feel like a woman again"

Before she knew it Ivey came to the door to pick her up and go to the mall. Mike answered the door. "hey Ivey!" he said to the bubbly brunette standing on the front steps. "hey Mike! is Carrie ready to go?" Ivey asked making her way into the house.

Carrie stood at the top of the stairs taking a deep breath before greeting her friend. "hey Ivey" she said plastering the biggest fake smile she could muster up. "leggo girlfrand!" Ivey said making them all laugh. "see you in a couple hours babe, make sure the kids do their homework and play outside and..." Carrie said before getting cut off by Mike. "I've got it covered honey, go have fun", he kissed her and sent the pair on their way for a much needed girls night.

The girls spent the whole time talking about life, kids, and husbands. Carrie hadn't spoken to anyone after her surgery and especially since she started chemo treatments. She knew this would be hard on everyone including Ivey.

"I think you look more beautiful with our hair Care" Ivey said trying to reassure her friend. "oh please Ivey, everyone is staring at me, I look terrible" Carrie said sort of snotty. "sorry...I didn't mean to snap. this is so stressful, I mean if I didn't have to worry about what everyone else thinks I would be fine" Carrie explained. Not really sure what to say back to her best friend, Ivey suggested that they go to IveyCake for a treat and she would bring Carrie back home for the night.

"oh honey! you're home early, how was it with Ivey?" Mike smiled big at his wife walking through the door obviously distraught.

🎶She said, "I don't think I can do this anymore" He took her in his arms and said "That's what my love is for"🎶

They held each other all night long, holding tight not letting go

🎶When you're weak, I'll be strong when you let go, I'll hold on when you need to cry, I swear that I'll be there to dry your eyes when you feel lost and scared to death, like you can't take one more step
Just take my hand, together we can do it
I'm gonna love you through it 🎶