Chapter 3

Chapter 3

“…….well Sarah looks like the weather’s going to be sunny tomorrow in the northern part….” I heard a voice from a few meters away from me.

 My eyes flew open, blinking a few times – adjusting to the small amount of light in the room, due to the closed curtains. I turned to my side and groaned noticing the television still on; a young looking man talking about the weather, on the news channel. Cussing under my breath, I took hold of the remote and switch it off.

 I laid back and turned so that my head was facing the couch. I sighed, feeling a little cold. I chose to ignore it and let my body relax.

 I was between conscience and unconsciousness when I felt movement around the living room area. For some reason I didn’t think much of it, it might be Mrs. Carters’ cat that got in through an open window again.

 I could still feel the movement continue from the living room to the kitchen. The clustering of cutlery and pottery hitting the floor got my attention. Within seconds, my eyes flew open and I got into a sitting possession, my mind well alert, ready for anything.

My gaze went straight to the kitchen, I saw nothing but the kitchen and the counter in the middle, however I did hear a whisper, sounding like someone cussing.

I slowly swung my legs off the couch and got up, walking slowly towards the kitchen; making sure I made no sound. I reached the counter; placed my hands on it , lifting myself a little, stretching out my neck so I could see what was on the other side of the counter. Suddenly whoever was on the other stood up.

“HAAAAAAAAAAA!” Came Cary’s scream, I took a step back -  puzzled.

“My soul Katie!” Cary exclaimed a hand on her heart, her breathing slowing down to a normal pattern. I noticed that she had one of my small pots in her hand.

“Sorry didn’t mean to scare you – I heard a noise and didn’t know who it was.” I explained, giving Cary an apologetic smile. She glanced at me, giving me a skeptical look.

“Who else would it be?” She asked, but then her face turned to one of understanding, “Oh you thought I was –“

“I dumped him.” I said bluntly- knowing exactly who she was talking about- walking around the counter towards her, Cary’s eyes widen, while her lips parted, in surprise. I took hold of the pot she was holding and placed it back in the cupboard. Her eyes followed me.

“What? How?” She asked walking around the counter, taking a seat facing me. I opened the refrigerator and took some egg, sausages, ham, cheese and bacon, and placed it on top of the counter. I opened the oven and took out the frying pan.

“He was screwing another whore – omelet?”

Her eyes grew as wide as saucers, “What? No way – yes please.”

“Yep, he was screwing her right there” I said pointing towards the couch with the frying pan, she turned her head in the same direction, and then back to me.

“What, on the coach?”

I nodded, placing the frying pan on the stove and taking a bowl, breaking three eggs into it. I heard Cary sigh; I glanced up noticing her shaking her head.

“I really thought that he was actually different than all the others.” Her tone showed disappointment. I shrugged.

“I’m used to it – same as mine?”

She nodded, her lips tight into a straight line, her eyes turning a darker shade of blue, “Katie, no, don’t you dare say that.”

I sighed, frustrated as to where this conversation would lead to, I turned my back to her turning on the stove and pouring a little oil into the frying pan. I continued to mix cheese, ham and sausages with the eggs in the bowl.