Chapter 20: Let us Take You As An Example

Year: 1225

Jerusalem

I ran around corners and climbed up walls. The guards were making my job harder. I was trying to avoid them. I did not need to make my situation worse. When I climbed up on the roof, I looked around and found the Assassin Bureau. I smiled and started to jump from roofs and planks to get to the Bureau. When I got to the building right before the Assassins Bureau, I saw Malik open the door. I smiled and jump to the edge of the Assassins Bureau. I climbed up and walked over to Malik. He smiled at me and hugged me with his arm. Malik had lost his arm in battle.

"It is so good to you! Keif Hālak? [how are you]"

"I have had better days."

He let go of me and then jumped in the Assassins Bureau. I followed behind him. I jumped in and followed him into the Bureau. He sat down and I followed him and sat in the chair in front of him. I looked down to my lap and started playing with my fingers. Malik moved his chair closer to me and grabbed my hand. He was always a father like figure to me as well.

"What is it Harees?"

"I have had a crazy couple of years."

"I can tell. It also made you strong. You are stronger than the last time I saw you."

I smiled at him and looked down to our hands. I let out a breath and began.

"My grandparents died in the hands of the Templar. I found out that Mentor is Altaïr whom is my father. I found out Maria is my mother. I had two brothers-"

"Had?"

I swallowed hard and said the unfortunate.

"Sef died and I watched it all happen."

"I am so sorry Harees. You have been through a lot. What else happened?"

"I saved Altaïr, Maria and Darim from Templar hands."

"Of course Altaïr cannot go anywhere without getting into trouble."

He gave me a smiled as I continued.

"I have been having dreams of the past like there is something I am missing and through these dreams they will tell me, but so far, I have come up with nothing."

"They will mean something in time. Just wait."

Malik was a very wise man and he did his job well. I am glad my father chose him as his right-hand man. There was a long pause before Malik spoke up.

"How did Sef die?"

"At the hands of Swami."

"Why would he do that?!"

"Because he is weak-minded with the others that are working with Abbas!"

I slammed my hand on the table. My hand was trembling as I raise it up. I put my hand on my forehead and cried. Malik still held my hand. I was glad I was here with him and not anybody else. Malik was like a second father to me and I would always go to him for comfort of just when the world came crashing down. Once I was finished crying, Malik let go of my hand and wiped away the tears rolling down my face with his thumb. It reminded me of father doing the same thing to me and made me miss him, Maria and Darim a lot more.

"It is going to be fine Harees."

"Non, it is not fine. I cannot get my brother back and now I have the Creed after me and putting my family in danger! Malik, I came here for help."