chapter 10

The hours ticked by as Harry and Severus talked. Harry asked many questions about his mom and found out that Lily and Severus were really good friends back when they went to school together here at Hogwarts.

Harry wondered why why his mother and his professor stopped talking to each other, but he didn't want to ask Severus and bring back bad memories. However Severus knew that harry wanted to know, so after another brief second of silence Severus cleared his throat. "Harry, I'm guessing that you want to know why your mother's and mine's story ends so suddenly don't you?" Questioned Severus.

Harry's eyes shot up quickly, showing signs of curiosity. Severus took that as a sign to continue. "It was back in out fifth year when I was being bullied by your father and his friends, your mother had tried to stand up for me but I said something to her that I regret dearly."

Harry was worried about what was said that fateful day, that caused his mother's and his professor's friendship to end like a knife cutting a rope tied around an anvil. Severus continued in an almost inaudible whisper, " I called... I called her a m-mud blood." Severus's face filled woth the look of grief and regret. Harry sat there silently, trying to process the information that he had just heard. He had read the term somewhere so he knew what the insult meant.

He decided that he would leave the subject alone because he couldn't bare to witness the emotions that were pouring onto the older man's face. The pain that Harry was witnessing on Severus's face told him enough to forgive the man. After all, that happened so long ago so Harry was sure that Severus had learned from and regretted the actions that he used long ago, as well so he did something that he hoped his mother would be proud of him for doing.

Harry grabbed Severus's cold sweaty hand and looked him straight in the eyes as he let the next words leave his mouth. "Severus." Severus turned his head away from the boy and looked down at his hands. "No you look at me ." Much to Severus's surprise he listened to the order. Harry continued when he saw Severus's obsidian black eyes look at him again. "Don't beat yourself up about this anymore. I forgive you for what you called my mother, that was years ago and I'm pretty sure that you regret saying it. If what everyone tells me about my mother is true then I feel like she would forgive you too. You were 15 years old professor, being bullied and harassed by my father and his friends. I would have said something like that too if I was in distress and I wasn't in my right state of mind, so please don't beat yourself up about it anymore. It's in the past, now that you have accepted it as the wrong thing to have said you need to learn to let it go. don't dwell on the past and forget to live in the present." Harry finished a bit out of breath.

Severus just stared at the boy. Harry really wasn't anything like his father. He wasn't even close to being lily either. He was his own person, and Severus was sure of that. The boy is only 11 years old and he is already as wise as some 30 year old. Soon he'll be talking as wise as Dumbledore. Severus was so taken back by Harry's speech, and when he thought about it, Lily would have forgiven him by now had she still been alive today. He was taking advice from a 11 year old, but it was good advice, so he was going to take it.

Inside himself Severus felt that he was becoming closer to Harry. They felt like fatherly feelings. They couldn't be...could they? On one hand Severus had never had a father who cared for him, but on the other hand Severus has always wanted to be a father but only he knew that. Severus shook his head to clear those thoughts out of his mind. Harry would never want him as a father. how could he! Severus frowned, he was death eater/spy for the light. He's had blood on his hands before that wasn't his. He killed people he knew just to keep his cover as a spy. How did I get myself into this mess, thought Severus sadly.

Harry watched Severus as the man's face was making different faces of concentration. Harry could tell that Severus was thinking hard about something. After some time Severus finally came back to the present, only to find a very curious Harry staring at him. "Harry, why are you staring at me like I've grown five extra eyes?" Questioned Severus. Harry looked away suddenly at the question. "I'm sorry sir, but you were just staring at a wall. You also looked like you were concerned about something, and i was worried." Severus smiled to himself. Harry really was starting to grow on him. Severus chuckled lightly, "Harry you truly are something special." Harry smiled brightly at the compliment.

It was starting to get late and Severus was getting very drowsy. He looked over at the clock on top of the mantle and saw that it was 11:30 pm. His back was aching from sitting in one position, so he thought that it would be best to call it a night.He turned to Harry, "hey Harry why don't we get ready for bed because I am really starting to have trouble staying up. You can stay on the couch until I get you your own temporary room." Harry smiled at those words. His own room. Oh how he waited for this day to come when he got his own room all to himself.

Severus saw the happiness reflecting in Harry's sparkling green eyes, and he had to smile to himself. He had made the right decision in choosing to get Harry his own room. Maybe it will become permanent. Harry looked at the clock and realized why Severus had suggested they go to bed now. Time really did go by fast when he was around Severus and Harry  really enjoyed that. It would be like this for a whole month! Severus got up stiffly from his chair and used Accio to conjure a silver & green checkered pillow and a green silk sheet to make a bed on the couch for Harry.

When Severus got Harry comfortable on the couch he tucked him in. Harry relished the feeling of being tucked in because the Dursley's never did it when he was living there. Harry snuggled down in the warmth of the makeshift bed and smiled sleepily up at Severus. Before Harry dosed off he murmured, "Goodnight Sev" just as Severus was retreating to his rooms. The last thing Harry heard before he fell asleep was "sweet dreams Harry." Severus turned to look at the sleeping boy and saw a little smile as the boy's breath evened out.

With that Severus headed to his bathroom to take his potions, to use the bathroom, to wash his face, and to brush & floss his teeth. After he was done he headed to his bedroom to go to sleep. As Severus laid in his bed he sighed with contentment because he was finally able to relax his back. He drifted off to sleep around midnight and was having a very restful sleep. However in the living room Harry woke up from having a nightmare. It was another one about his mother getting killed by Voldemort and he was shaking in fear and crying. Harry thought for a moment, what if I climb into Severus's bed to sleep there?

Harry climbed down from the couch and tiptoed across the living room until he got to Severus's bedroom door. He pressed his ear against the door and listened. He could hear thew soft breathing which indicated that Severus was asleep. Harry  turned the doorknob slowly and pushed lightly on the door as quietly as he could and turned around. He noticed a king sized bed that had green blankets and sliver pillows and on the left side of the bed Harry could see the outline of a figure laying on their stomach with their head to the side facing away from the door.

Harry tiptoed to the right side of the huge bed and climbed up on it, he then settled down and laid his head on the soft but slightly cool pillow. Harry fell asleep right away knowing that someone  who he wished would be his substitute fatherly figure was only inches away from him. Someone who he knows will always protect him.

Hey everybody!!! So here's another chapter!!!  I took into consideration all the suggestions that were made and I hope that this chapter is better then the rest. I will try my best to get more chapters up  because it is summer and I will be going into college next year.

Enjoy and I hope that I can get more feedback to improve the book more. Thank you everyone for reading my book!!!!