Farrah/ LJ

I woke up and saw a note on my chest. I opened it and read it.

'5 days left.

One note per day. Note one:

I watch you all day, but don't kill you.

I attack you every night, but can't kill you.

No matter how hard I try, you can't be harmed by my blade.'

My eyes widened a little, and I looked to the sleeping Raven on the ground next to me. "Raven... hey Rave." I nudged her and she bolted awake.

"LAUGHING JACK NO!" she screamed, and I jumped. Her face was full of sweat and she was panting. Apparently a bad dream.

"Laughing Jack isn't here..." I replied. "He's not here now..." Raven sighed. "Listen, Rave, we need to plan this attack. We need to find a way to outsmart the smart. Kill or be killed." She nodded.

"But... how will we do that?" she asked me, and I looked down. Honestly, I hadn't even gotten that far.

We can find a way..." I said determinedly.

"You think, I'm gonna go get us coffee," she sighed, walking out.

I nodded, looking at the note again. He watches me? I looked around a bit nervously, wondering if he was there. He had attacked me every night, but somehow I was alive. I felt some sort of strange connection to him, despite the fact he tried to kill me. As if before, we had been connected. I tried to think back to before my brother and I became orphaned. My parents had just disappeared when I was 7, leaving my brother and I alone. I saw something move out of the corner of my eyes. I turned to see the face that has haunted me. His black hair covered half his face.

"What do you want?" I asked, half in fear half in anger.

"You feel it too. I can tell," he said.

"What do you mean?"

"Strange connection. Do you know anything about your past?" he asked curiously.

"My parents disappeared when I was 7, and I don't remember anything before that."

He sighed and disappeared. I sat there with my legs crossed, wondering what he meant. Raven came in, carrying two coffees. I grabbed one and took a sip. I immediately regretted it as it burned my throat.

"It's hot dummy," she teased.

"I could tell," I croaked.

"So what's the plan?" she asked curiously.

"I think we need to find where they live."

LJ's POV (what 2 POVs in one chapter what's going on????)

I came back to our little place with a sigh.

"What's the matter?" Jeff laughed as I sat down.

"Do you know my past?" I asked curiously.

"Well sure, but I'm not gonna tell you until you kill the girl," Jeff remarked.

"What? Why?" I asked.

"There are things you shouldn't know yet," he put simply.

I sighed and looked at him.

"I have hunting to do. It's for your own good," he said, leaving.

For my own good? Who was his prey?