Part I: One Last Song

Light crept into the tower so many very long torturous hours. The dark shattered as the light beseached it. 

The Blessed Child's hand reached out of the tower as if to grasp the light. A slither of something that should have been a smile cracked over her face. 

She straightened up the dead corpses and did her best to put them in some nice position...

...to pretend they were still alive. Tears sprung to her eyes as she straightened her mother's body next to her father's. Lightly setting Lifieria's head on the King's shoulder. Noel sat between them. The Blessed Child wanted to plant herself with them and stay as a frozen statue with them. Forever. But no. She couldn't. She wasn't exactly sure why she couldn't, but she knew her place was still in the world of the living, no matter how much she wished to join the bliss of death. Or what she thought would be the bliss of death. 

One last song. She thought. I will sing them to sleep with one last song.

She closed her eyes. What song would be fitting? Then it came to her. It seemed the obvious answer. Her mom, the queen, used to sing her a lullaby to lull her to sleep. Now it was her turn to sing the rest, to sleep.

The Blessed Child opened her mouth.

At first, only a dry sob choked out. Then with a burst of courage and love, she sang,

"In the meadow

where your daisies grow

I made a wreath of prayers

and the stars shane down

their jewels in my soul

and bade me blessith with you"

The air seemed empty as the first verse ended. Just to fill up the silence, she hummed a note. Then sang again, the pure melody ringing clear as a bell,

"In the meadow

where you came to me

Holding my hand

We danced our dance

You sang your song

And claimed this meadow

to you"

A trill whistle continued the melody. At first, it startled her. Then a tear crept down her cheek.

"Listen momma", she whispered, "even the birds miss you"

The Blessed Child moved forward, and kissed her mom's forehead. She leaned her head against her father's chest. A few tears splashing down onto his blouse. And she held her brother's hand. Then getting up, she sang the last verse while a white bird dove down onto the windowsill and continued to harmonize.

"In your meadow

where I lay my love

and grasp your tender skin

I leave my prayers

and all my heart

to rest forever

with you"

The Castle of Day. 

She stood up.

She was leaving today; she knew it.

Goodbye.

The white dove whistled one last note which died into the clashing of the waves. The bird dove out of the window. Its claws skidding the wild torrents of water before it came back to the windowsill. It beckoned her. 

Goodbye.

Forever.

The Blessed Child dusted off her skirts, straigtened the jeweled necklace, and grabbed her dress. Shaking her locks of gold, she backed up, then ran. 

And jumped clean through the window.

Towards the dying sea.

_____________________________________________________________

What do you think about this chapter? Any thoughts? I thought the bird was kinda cheesy but I kinda needed it for the next chapter "The Escape into Hell" :) CnC will be appreciated immensly!