Chapter 5 - What was I supposed to do? -

*Famous Sage eye-roll ^ *

Sage woke up hearing yells from the other room, groaning she sat up and tried to listen. " Why did you not tell me about this before!" Jace spoke quite loudly then zoned out back to sleep. "Sage... Sage... SAGE! " "what the fuc-" She let out " get up the silent brothers are coming for Clary" Alec spoke " And why the hell of I need to be there?" she spoke wiping the drool of her face and sitting up. Alec shrugged and walked out. Groaning she stood up and walked out just the way she was her hair a mess and her long top that came near the end of her thighs.

Sage walked into the room in time to see Hodge introduce Clary to one of the Brothers. " This," He paused " is Brother Jeremiah of the Silent City." The man moved towards Jace and Clary, in silence just like always its like they float not walk. " And this Jeremiah is" he paused once again making Sage annoyed, " Is the girl I wrote you about, Clarissa Fray." he finished making the Brother turn slowly towards Clary "hello"she had spoken.

When no reply was said, Hodge spoke up once again "I decided that you were right Jace" he said looking over at him, making Sage frown not knowing what they where on about. "I was right." Jace said " I usually am" hodge ignoring him said " I sent a letter to the clave about all of this last night, but Clarys memories are her own. Only she can decide how she wants to deal with the contents of her own head. he continued to talk, once finished silence followed by everyone, Sage still in the background haven't been noticed yet.

Brother Jeremiah was still facing Clary, 'This is Jocelyn's daughter?' Clary gasped and Sage placed a hand on her head, he knew she was there as he was in her head as well. "Yes" hodge said "but her father was a mundane" 'That does not matter, The blood of the Clave is dominant' Brother Jeremiah said. As they got into a conversation Sage let her eyes wonder to Jace. She took him in. His changed she thought the way he moved the way he looked at Clary its different, it conflicted her, she didn't understand, not completely anyways.

' The Brothers of the Silent City do not lie, If you want the truth from me, you shall have it, but I shall ask you the same in return.' Brother Jeremiah's voice echoed in her head as he spoke to Clary. Clary looked offended and lifted her chin up " I'm not a lier either" she spoke. 'The mind does not lie, It is you memories I want' Jeremiah spoke again for some reason he was choosing to let Sage hear all of this too. "Clary" it was Hodge "It's entirely possible that there are memories you have buried or repressed, memories formed when you were too young to have a conscious recollection of them, that Brother Jeremiah can reach." he finished looking at her with a pleading look. Making Sage look at him for a bit longer.

After a moment of silence from Clary, Jace came to the rescue " She doesn't have to do anything she doesn't want to do" He said suddenly "does she?" he questioned. Clary interpreted Hodge and said "Its alright, ill do it." after a brief moment "does it hurt?" she added as Brother Jeremiah came closer and placed his hand on top of her face, at that point sage felt a weird surge through her like a cold feeling washing over her.

After a short moment Jace's voice boomed. "Enough!" Clary's eyes snapped open. "Look at her hands" he pointed and sure enough there was a small amount of blood of where her nails had dug in. Brother Jeremiah looked like he was in thought. 'There is a block on you, you will have to come to the city of bones. its almost like a spell' He Spoke After agreeing That Clary would go, and that Jace and Sage would be going too. Just before they went Sage looked over at Jace, "Did you really have to agree on going?" she spoke. "What was I supposed to do?" he said looking down at her, "not drag me into it" she said walking out the door.

*****

After a taking the carriage there Sage was thoughtful, "Why did i need to come?" she asked Jace who Choose not to reply with words but a shrug, looking at were she was going at times trying not to step on the graves that where placed side by side next to each other. They where currently at a grave yard in front of the Silent City's entrance. Brother Jeremiah was showing them the way. Sage shivered slightly feeling the coldness of the winters day, and also feeling kind of hollow from being here. Looking in front to see Clary and Jace walking together she sighed " I am basically the third wheel in this. " she mumbled. "Careful you will wake the dead: Jace spoke up and slightly laughed at Clary who had let out a yelp from almost falling.

Finally making it to the meeting place Sage and Jace had to wait by the gate as Clary stepped forward and moved towards the middle of the room the sliver Sward pointed down at her the hilt shaped like angle wings. Sage knew they were speaking in her head. "Are you sure about all this?" she asked Jace looking up at him as he was looking over at Clary who had was now telling them to go a head the second time.

"sage i hone-" his voice become muffled and replaced by one of the voices of the brothers ' Clarissa fray' 'Who are you' multiple voices sounded in her head and a loud piercing  scream field the air making her vision blurred. "Clary" he spoke as the the girl gave a cry and they a name was mentioned Magnus Bane. Sage now not being able to hold the weight of the crushing feeling let out a cry of her own and let the darkness consume her, turning her blurred vision black in seconds and falling towards the ground. "Sage" Jace yelled catching her before she could hit the solid marbled floor.

____________________________________________________

BOOOM!!! hope you guys enjoy and next couple of chapters will explain all of this, sorry that it might be a bit confusing but just wait for it.. :) Thank you for reading this, it means a lot :) Also sorry for being a day late :(