The Beautiful Swimmer

Winnie, I will bring Kate for a swimming try out tomorrow.

My gosh Leonardo, swimming is not for Kate, she is supposed to be in a workshop for modeling, I want her to be a beauty queen.

A beauty queen? She will become a weakling.

That's terrible, who said that? to be a beauty queen is an honor, a pride and every girls dreams to be one.

You want Kate to continue your unfulfilled dream? To be a beauty queen?

So what do you want for her?

Enough! This conversation is over.

Yes, this is useless.

There they go again, in their unending discussion. To be a beauty queen or a swimmer. That's my problem. Father provides my daily allowance and mother provides my girly thing if I will disobey one of them there would be a conflict.

In the school, the next day...

Ohhh, what happened to you? Where is the aura of beautiful Amiga?

To be a beauty queen or a swimmer? Which is which?

To be a beauty queen is my ultimate dream, I can teach you the catwalk, and in swimming, I could be your cheerleader, you can be both a beauty queen and an athlete at the same time.

Do you think I can make it?

Of course with your beauty charm and with no question 100% approves.

To cut it short I started swimming in the morning and beauty contest in the afternoon and I love it with vigorous training it flourishes and I was qualified in our schools swimming team.

Good morning students the municipal meet is fast approaching it is not only a contest for various sports but there would be a beauty pageant, a search for ambassadress of good will in our whole municipality so to qualify you need to be an athlete... Kate you are chosen by our faculty to be our candidate, I already talked to your mom and she said OK so start practicing your talent.

Yes maam...

The hectic schedule starts in the practice...

Kate sway your hips more! Yah! Always wear a big smile with that we can assure your winnings I can see in my crystal ball... that Kate will be crowned as miss municipal meet 2013... hahahaha!

Swimmers, we are going to develop your leg power. Everybody hold your hands on the edge of the pool. Stroke it like a propeller move! I want power, I want endurance more!

The moment of the swimming finals came. The swimmers were positioned and waited for the bang signal. On your mark, get set, bang! Every swimmer landed in the water with splash and started their strokes gracefully.

Kate in lane five is leading with her flawless strokes and followed by Santeeh in lane six, and the third girl in lane four is Glenda. The swimmers are half through and the trend is almost the same... It seems that Kate has the advantage.

I need to win for father, he said that I will swim like a mermaid with legs like propeller.

It's getting hotter and hotter here inside the gyms pool the crowd is howling and cheering. It's the neck to neck between Kate and Santeeh. Santeeh swims like she owns the pool and Kate swims like a mermaid... And Kate... Kate wins the gold!

I won, and when I met my father's eyes my father's proud eyes, I know he is happy, tomorrow is another challenge the coronation pageant. Hopefully with father god's blessings, mother will also be proud of me.

Good evening ladies and gentlemen. A beauty queen must possess the 5B's. The beauty, body, breeding, believes and in him and the brains. Welcome to the interview portion. Candidate no.7 is Kate Kirsten Crook. Your question is... As an athlete what is your idea of the line "Sports the Torch, Leading to the Right Path"

Men sana en corpure sano, a sound mind and a sound body, you can have all these if  you're an athlete. Sports taught me to become more discipline, patient and sociable. I develop the value of respect, humility, camaraderie and friendship. If all of us will join sports we can develop a community of sports minded people eventually we could produce a strong and healthy citizens. Finally, sports can light our path leading to a journey called life successfully. That's all thank you...

Thundering applause followed... I was proclaimed and crowned as the queen. The crowd continue clapping but there's one voice stand out among the rest it's my mother's yehey!

Everybody, I'm the mother of the queen, she's my daughter... YES!

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hi guys! This is the end of the story. Did you like it? Then just vote!

Follow me on Twitter: @PaulineKirsten

~Pauline