Chapter 14 - Mourning Mornings

Cassidy's P.O.V.

PICTURE OF PRINCE TYLER (CHRISTINA'S MATE) ON THE SIDE!

     Something was wrong. When I woke up the next morning, right off the bat, I knew and felt something wrong. Call it Protectors intuition or something like that, but I wasn't stupid. Something was most definitely wrong. 

        The moment I opened my eyes, the hotel room felt crowded. I looked around to see David looking ahead of himself with a blank look. I sat up in my bed and looked to where he was looking. He was looking past the glass doors that led to the balcony, he was looking outside. I slowly got up and off from bed and walked over to the glass sliding doors. I stopped a few centimeters away from the balcony doors to look outside. First, I looked up to the sky. It was dark and practically hissing with darkness. It wasn't your typical rainy day weather, if anything, it was anything but it that. My head then scanned the streets. It was empty, abandoned, lonely even.

     The streets that used to be crawling with humans, were gone. Cars were flipped over, crashed into others, and even stuck between other turned over cars. Smoke raised from beneath car hood, telling me that the crash must've been pretty brutal. No humans walked around, not even insects or creatures crawled around the open space.

       "She's gone," said a feminine voice. I turned around to see the hotel room crowded with a bunch of girls, an elder woman standing in-front of all of them, looking at me with a solemn look. My wolf, heart, and mind knew who she was talking about, but I didn't want to believe her. My heart pounded in my chest as my breathing laboured.

        "Who?" I asked. It seemed like time slowed down as she opened up her mouth and spoke the one name I didn't want to hear.

         "Christina, your sister, she left last night," clarified the women. My knees gave out and allowed me to fall and slump on the floor. My face was neutral, frozen almost. My eyes watered up while my arms and hands shook. David jumped and climbed out of bed, coming to my side in an instant. He grabbed onto me and held me, trying to shake me out of my shocked stage. I couldn't hear him. His voice was muffled while every other noise in the room. The girls that stood behind the women, gasped and took a step towards me, but the women held her hand up, keeping her gazed locked with mine. It was like she was trying to burn her eyes into my soul. It was like she was trying to tell me that everything was okay. I didn't accept it. Nothing was alright. Saxon has no real mate, I am putting everyone in danger by asking them to company me on this journey, my parents are dead, my sister is helping the devil, and an entire city of humans are missing. Everything was spiraling out of control and I couldn't take it anymore. I felt like I was going to burst into a million pieces with all the stress and worries that built up inside of me over the time period. I was only a Protector, I was no Seeker. I was nothing compared to my sister. I was stupid enough to even try to help the Supernatural Council with this quest. I wasn't the right person for this, I was only a Protector. I only knew things about werewolves, hunters, and rogues, not ghosts, not demons, not Seekers, not Kings and Queens. I wasn't my sister, I wasn't strong enough for this. 

     'Don't you dare think that,' growled my wolf. 

       I blocked her out of my mind and tried to cower away from the piercing gazes. I just wanted to curl up into David and disappear away from this world, forever.

      I was brought out of my misery when the hotel room door slammed open. The girls all shrieked and moved away from the door. They allowed a straight, narrow pathway to where I was. My mouth fell open at who I saw standing there.