Demons

Okay! Let's start the beginning of the end of Demons!  Few things to mention: 1. This is yaoi, has homosexuality, gay, boyxboy, whatever you feel like calling it. =D 2. Violence, some gory (as gory as I can be) scenes, and lots of that stuff. Oh, and please, when you come across this (*), feel free to scroll down and check it out, or you can wait until the end! Well, I think that’s it. Please enjoy!

                                                Chapter 1                                                           

“Zero, you need to understand that demons exist in this world, serving us, and controlling us.”

“But mother, how can a demon serve and control you?”

“They are very smart, some of them are extremely intelligent, smarter than all the geniuses and super computers put together, others are not so bright. The ones like that are minor demons, who can’t do much and are good for serving purposes.”

“Can you control the super intelligent ones?”

“Of course, but you need to be strong, very strong. Make sure no weaknesses are available; they will act upon those weaknesses. You have to be strong, ready for it Zero. Don’t let ambition and greed for power take you down.”

“Mother.” The six year old boy stared at the coiling mass of dark black smoke, standing over the pale form of his mother. “Mother.” Amidst the mass of darkness, a mouth full of jagged teeth opening, scooping up his mother and biting down. The audible crack of bones and blood running down the mouth held the boy in his pentacle, in fear.

The demon grinned at him, its blood-caked teeth glinting in the moonlight before disappearing, leaving the boy staring at the spot where his mother once was. For a long time he stood like that until flames began licking up the corners of the house and the creaking of the sagging roof brought his attention upwards, where everything came crashing down on him.

  Blue-green eyes flew open, the young eighteen year old male sat up, breathing hard. How long had it been since he last had that dream? More like nightmare. Rising up from the couch, he walked over to the kitchen, making some green tea. He glanced at the mirror to see bags underneath his eyes and his pale skin seemed paler, if possible. It almost made his silver hair blend into his skin.

The whistling from the tea pot brought him back, and he turned off the stove glancing out the window at the dreary gray clouds. It was raining again. Pouring some tea into a mug, he walked back into the living room and immediately his gaze was directed to the small corner where the door that led to the attic was, where all the summoning tools, books, and other magical devices he had carried with him were. He noticed, as he moved to the living room again, that Rika had already left.

Sitting down, he was just about to turn on the TV when his telephone rang. Pausing, he reached over and answered it.

“Hello?” his soft voice came through and he probably doubted anyone could have heard him through the connection.

“Is this Mr. Zero Evans?” a deep voice responded and he blinked.

“Yes, may I ask who this is?”

“This is Dr. Parass; I have a proposition for you.”

“I’m not interested, thank you.”

“Oh? Even if it concerns your mother?”

Eyes wide, he stared at the phone. “My mother has been dead for eleven years, what are you playing at?”

“Yes, but how did she die? She was a very powerful magician and very young. Yet eleven years ago, she, along with the house was destroyed. The only remaining survivor was her six year old son, you. You must know that has stirred up some, rumors…”