Chapter 1

Hi :) I know, I wasn't planning on writing a sequel since I already have two other stories I really need  to write, but I really, REALLY wanted to use this idea on something, so why not this one! Ok, well, I'll write now. BYE.

*******************************************************************************

~Sarah~

I layed there in that stupid bed. Alone, always it seemed. I should have known. It was obvious. I sat up in my place and stationed my feet on the cold wood floor. Standing, I made my way to the sky blue room down the hall. I found the rocking chair in the dark and sat down. Staring at the empty crib, only wishing that it could be filled.

"Is it my fault?" I asked myself.

"No, because two people have to make an effort in this kind of thing" I turned around to see Justin standing in the doorway. I sent a light smile his way, then turned back to the crib.

"I've been waiting four hours, you know"

"I'm so sorry, Sarah. I really didn't expect rehearsal to run that long, but-"

"No, forget it. I didn't expect you to want to settle down right now anyways. Maybe in a few years" I got up from my spot in the chair and pushed my way past him and down the stairs.

"Sarah, please. You know I love you so much, I couldn't dream of doing anything other than starting a family with you" He replied, following right after me.

"That's obviously not true, Justin. You've got your dream already and you're still young! We're both still young. It was a crazy idea to want to do this" I went to the kitchen to grab a glass of water, before I turned back around to see Justin standing centimeters away from me.

"Baby, please-"

"I'm going to sleep now. Come up when you're ready" I made my way back up the stairs and into our bedroom. This time there were no footsteps following after me. I sighed and layed back down in my previous spot.

It seemed as if my body had made a permanent dent in the mattress of the bed. Each night, I would lay in the same spot, knowing the only reason I would move from it was to fight with him again. It wasn't so much a fight, as was a discussion that neither of us would end up winning. It had been five years since Justin and I got engaged. We ended up not getting married in the five months that we had planned to. It actually took longer than that. 2 years longer, to be exactly. We got married in a courthouse in Louisiana. I wasn't able to wear a dress, due to the fact that I didn't plan on getting married out of the blue and in a room with only Erin and Chaz as our witnesses. Justin was on tour at the time in Atlanta and had two free days off while he was there. I had a signing and small benefit concert in Louisiana the following day. So Justin, being the one with the private jet, flew with Chaz (who was with him on the tour) to New Orleans and Erin and I met him there. After we got married, I didn't see him for another 3 months. We would talk on the phone and skype each other, but that was only for the first month.  Later in the year, it seemed as though we would just wait to see each other on tv or in the tabloids to make sure the other was at least alive. After awhile, it didn't even feel like I was married.

"Sarah?" I heard a soft voice bellow in the dark. I faked being asleep to get out of the conversation Justin wanted to have. I heard him undress, then slip in and under the covers beside me.

"Was this all a mistake? Are we too young for this?" What was he talking about? "Were we both just too naïve to believe that this would work?"

I can't believe this.

I could not believe that he had just asked himself that. I felt tears welling up in my eyes and I tried my hardest to keep from letting out a loud sob. My cheeks began to become damp and the salt of the tears tainted my dry lips. I heard Justin roll over and face away from me before his faint snores filled the room. I waited a bit to make sure he was fully asleep, before slipping out of bed and into the bathroom. I couldn't be too loud due to the large size and its' incredible way of making even the slightest sound travel throughout the entire upper half of the house. Thankfully the closet was large enough to fit an elephant. Or two, so I slipped in there and closed the double doors behind me. I sat down on the loveseat near my half of the wardrobe and layed back. Letting out all that I was holding in, I twisted around the wedding band on my ring finger. It didn't have the usual glimmer I used to believe was there. It seemed heavy, like a paperweight. I wanted to take it off, but something inside me wouldn't allow it. I violently grabbed a box of tissues from the make-up table to the left of me and wiped away the remainder of tears coming from my eyes. Knowing I probably wasn't gonna go back to the bed, I curled up on the loveseat and turned off the lights.