Chapter Twenty-Three - Bury the Hatchet

TALLIE

"We're not done talking about this," Hunter said. That didn't stop him from creating the most amazing pressure on my breast, though, molding my pliable flesh to fit his strong hand.

"I know." There were still a thousand things we needed to discuss, but I was going to go crazy if I couldn't feel his hands on me, his skin next to mine, his heat stoking mine higher than it had ever gone before. "We can talk more about it later, but touch me now," I pleaded. And I prayed he would go along with what I was asking of him, because I wasn't sure I'd be able to think much longer if he kept doing what I wanted him to.

The next thing I knew, he had a hold of me by the hips and I was straddling him, his hot mouth closed over one of my breasts. He swirled his tongue and suckled, and I felt an electric pull that went all the way to my sex.

"Oh, God," I moaned, letting my head drop back.

He chuckled, not removing his mouth from me until my thighs shook and my panties were wet as all heck. "Tell me what you want, baby. Just say the word." He made me believe he would give me anything I asked for, but the only thing I wanted right now, more than him taking me to his bed, was him. All of him. The trauma of my afternoon with Lance, and my visit with Kade, had only reinforced what I'd already begun to realize. I was past the point of no return with Hunter.

I brought my head forward again and pressed my forehead to his. "I want you." I wanted him in more ways than he was prepared to hear. My heart felt ready to burst, and it had little to do with the way my pulse was hammering through my veins.

He gave me a cocky grin right before his lips landed on mine. He swept his tongue along the seam of my lips, gliding back and forth until I opened on a sigh. I fisted my hand in his hair and drew him deeper, steadying myself with my bandaged hand on his shoulder.

Slowly but with all the confidence in the world, Hunter eased his hands back to slide them over my butt and down my thighs. "You're shaking," he murmured against my lips as he broke the kiss, his eyes half-lidded.

He wasn't exaggerating. I might as well have been in the middle of an earthquake with the surges of adrenaline coursing through me. "Anticipation," I said.

That made him grin again.

He nibbled along my jaw, making a path to the sensitive spot just behind my ear. "Can I tell you what I want?" he whispered, and I shivered.

"Yes."

"I want you handcuffed to my bed while I make you come so many times you won't remember anything but my name, and the only reason you'll know that is because you're going to be crying it out so many times it might as well be branded on your lips."

I ought to be offended. Any sane woman would run for the hills when the man she was falling in love with said something as crazy as that, wouldn't she? For a moment, time froze. I couldn't breathe. Couldn't think. Couldn't do anything but marvel at the fact that, instead of making me want to run as far and as fast as I could, I was on the verge of agreeing to what he'd suggested. In fact, there was something very appealing about the thought. It didn't make sense. I'd spent my entire life being told what to do, how to do it, when, and for how long, and now that I had a hint of freedom and could make decisions for myself, I wanted to let my husband take what little power I had away from me. No, wanted wasn't right. I craved it. In fact, I might even need it.

"You're awfully quiet," Hunter murmured. He set me back from him, far enough that he could look in my eyes. There was a worried crease between his brows, a serious set to his mouth.

"I'm just confused, is all."

"You don't have to agree," he rushed to say. "We're married, but that doesn't mean you have to do something you don't want to do, you know. I'll never ask or expect you to do something you don't want. You can say—"