Chapter Eight

January 25th

I first became aware of the world when I heard hushed voices.

'Great, it was all a wonderful dream' I thought to myself. In about three seconds, one of the younger kids would start banging on my door or just simply barge in and poke me to get me to wake up.

True to form, I felt the soft prod against my side and I whined as I turned away from the hand. It was only when a soft fabric brushed against my nose when the confusion set in.

I'm lay on my side. Why is my nose against the bed sheets?

Then it occured to me that maybe yesterday wasn't a dream after all. Rolling back over, I opened my eyes and I felt my heart soar with joy.

I was in a cramped room with two couches and two guys sat on the one which was opposite mine. I recognised the first ace to be Alex and the second face was Zack.

"So it wasn't a dream?" I questioned groggily as I pushed myself up. Both of them started laughing and shook their heads.

"Nope. It's show day tonight before our days off. So you ready to do things today?" I simply let myself fall back onto the couch in response and Alex laughed. "C'mon kiddo. We've got something planned."

I got ready within fifteen minutes, after Zack had thrown one of his Amerrickan shirts at me when I left to get changed out of my sleepwear.

Once I was sorted, Alex practically dragged me off the bus and that was when I realised that everyone else had left us back on the bus.

"Alex, why did no one tell me to hurry up?" I grumbled and he laughed at my disgruntled expression.

"Because they wanted you to take your time, silly. Now shut up and hurry up. We're nearly there." I sighed but complied as we continued forward.

Before I realised, Alex had pushed me ahead of him and was practically steering me to the restaurant we seemed to be heading towards.

"Hungry much?" I teased and he simply laughed. "Fine then, ignore me." I grumbled as we reached the place. He didn't pause by the podium where you were supposed to wait, instead he carried on straight through to a back room.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY." I jumped when we walked in and everyone yelled. Alex had finally stopped pushing me and he was grinning like a mad man.

"Wait, you guys were planning this?" I questioned, raising my eyebrow at the four of them.

"Pretty much. It was all last minute as well." Jack stated proudly. I grinned and turned to Alex.

"You really shouldn't have." I muttered, my cheeks burning a bright pink at the gesture.

"Well half of it was done by Jake. We'd have been lost without him." I looked around at his name, wondering whether I'd see him amongst the faces that had been so friendly towards me. "He's not here."

"Who said I was looking for anyone?" I retorted, even though I could feel my heart sink into my stomach.

"Your face says it all. He can't be here because he said he's got something to do for his work." I just rolled my eyes. His job was going to run him six feet under at this rate.

I honestly didn't expect anything from the guys, but this just made my day. I felt so lucky in that single moment.

"We didn't get you anything, because, well it's last minute but-" Alex started, but I cut him off.

"Alex, never in a million years would I have dreamed for this to happen to me. It's more than enough for me."

The day went by so fast. We had our miniature party, and because I was with All Time Low, it was only when it was an hour till the first support went on stage; we went back to the busses.