Dinner Date

Kate's POV

It's been two weeks since I got hospitalized. My bruises are still healing but I feel better. I'm glad that Troy's gone. Now, baby blip here's gonna be safe.

Marc and I? Well he asked me to be his girlfriend the moment I came home. So, I said yes. He's overprotective. My due date's still faraway yet he takes care of me like I'm a freaking baby. He insisted me to move in with him but I told him not to rush things. He practically forced me since I'm the mother of his child. He said that he wanted to keep an eye on me. Such an ass.

My things were brought to his house a while ago. He hired movers to help out. I only have my necessities in my bag.I wanted to go back to work today but Marc insisted that I rest for the day. I had no choice since both the baby and I can't be stressed.

Stella and the squad were glad that I'm fine. They've been coming to my apartment to check up on me. I'm really eating a lot and my cravings are weird. I recently ate ice cream and peanut butter sandwich together. I'm off to Marc's house right now. I left my apartment keys to Mr. Reeds. I guess I won't be living here anymore.

Marc's POV

I've got everything planned out. I'm proposing to Kate tonight. I know it's fast but I really can't wait anymore. It's been months since I fell in love with her. I took out my phone and dialed her number.

"Kate, it's me. Let's have dinner tonight. I'll pick you up at 6pm. I won't take 'no' for an answer."

"Okay." She said softly. I can't wait.

Kate's POV

I kept myself busy by reading a book. I read Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet. I really loved it but it's quite sad. Tragic. I cooked lasagna for lunch. Good thing I didn't throw up. I'm still having morning sickness. It's weird that I was disgusted by the smell of coffee when I loved coffee before.

I decided to listen to music. Dr. Felipe suggested it since it will also be helpful to the baby. I'm still amazed at how rich he is. I looked at the time and it's already five. I need to get ready. I walked to the guest room and picked out a white dress before taking a shower. I looked at the mirror and I lost my usual glow. I sighed. I guess being kidnapped is the reason. I put makeup on and curled the ends of my hair. I put my necklace and my bracelet on and I'm done. I took my purse and went down the stairs to see Marc sitting at the sofa.

Marc stood up and looked at me. No wait, he stared at me. I smiled as I went down the stairs.

"Hello, gorgeous." Marc said, still staring at me. I laughed softly.

"Come on, I'm famished. Baby blip's hungry too." I said while softly patting my stomach.

We arrived at the restaurant and it was full of people. I looked at Marc and said, "Uhmm..the restaurant's full."

"Just come." I followed him inside.

"Mr. Collins. This way please." A waiter led us to a flight of stairs. Oooh. Are we having a rooftop dinner?

Guess I'm right.

The lights suddenly switched on and I gasped. It was perfect. A table for two was in the middle of the rooftop. Flower petals surrounded it.

"Come." I felt Marc's hand hold my elbow and escorted me to the table.

Marc was quiet which was weird. He pulled the chair for me. I sat and looked at him. Why is he so quiet? Is he hiding something? He sat, looked at the waiter and nodded. The waiter left us and there was an awkward silence between us.