1. BLUR

bella 

1. BLUR

Nessie shifted in my arms, asleep at last. Edward was sitting at his piano with Seth at his side, who evidently was trying to learn how to play--his fingers tripped and stumbled over the keys without grace, or for that matter, rhythm. I think he was trying to play Fur Elise.

            I smiled. As a vampire, I'd be able to learn it without delay, but if Edward had tried to teach me while I was still human, I'd be having the same problem as Seth. Edward chuckled my favorite chuckle and shook his head at Seth. “I’m beginning to think this is a hopeless chore.”

            Seth scowled at the black grand piano. “I think you're right, bro.” He got up from the black leather chair and stalked off.

            Edward chuckled again. “He wants to learn,” he assured me. “He just hasn't got it yet.”

            Edward, an example of perfection, rose from the chair with grace. He smoothed out his dark blue shirt, and covered the keys. He turned to me then, and smiled my favorite crooked smile. “She's asleep?”

            “Yes,” I told him, smiling back.

            “I can't understand how...” he chuckled. “Seth's... um... music... is uncanny. If I could sleep, I wouldn't be able to sleep through that.”

            I laughed out loud. “I wouldn't have been able to... That was awful. I didn't want to say anything because I'd probably have had the same problem last year, but that was absolu—”

            Alice gasped, walking into the room. I turned to her, and Edward was at her side in an instant. “What is it? What do you see?” I stood swiftly, setting Nessie down on the couch. 

            I clung to Edward's arm, watching Alice's glazed over eyes. Her expression was worried. I couldn't decode it. “What is it?” I repeated, turing to Edward for answers now. He wore the same confused expression.

            Not wanting to leave either of them, I stayed at Edward's side until Alice's vision had passed. “What is it?” I repeated, through my teeth, when she appeared to return to her normal state.

            “I’m not sure...” Alice looked to Edward for answers. “What does it mean?”

            “What does what mean?” I hated being out of the loop.

            Edward shook his head. “I don't know... I think we should tell Carlisle.”

            “Tell Carlisle what?” I yanked Edward's arm.

            He shook me off, just as he had back when I was human. “Bella, wait.” He said softly.

            “No!” I told them. “Alice, what did you see?”

            “Bella, I'm not sure,” she was still staring at Edward with his worried expression. “It was so strange...”

            “What was?”

            “My vision was off...” She turned away, covering her face with her hand. “Their faces were fuzzy... I don't understand how that can be. Nothing I see is ever blurry! What's wrong with me?”

            I hadn't seen Alice doubt one of her visions in so long. I stepped away, “Should I call Carlisle?”

            Everyone else was on the hunt, having gone hungry over the past couple of weeks. They hadn't gone too far to hunt and would probably be able to return home in only a matter of minutes.