Prologue

An ocean of sand that seemed to stretch on for miles.  A seemingly endless desert, a wasteland, uninhabitable by all.  Few can survive more than a day or two out alone in this awful place.  With all cities far apart, separated by this hot and dry tundra, travel is almost nonexistent between cities, except for the massive train-like ships that will transport anybody and anything…for a price.  Those that aren’t lucky enough to board these sand-steamers will have to either walk or stay stranded, most take their chances with being stranded in dying cities. Others risk their almost certain death, most only making it a little ways.

                As the sun rose high in the sky across the golden sands a dark, shimmery figure appeared.  He stared out from under his faded black cowboy hat across the wasteland and sighed.  He adjusted his black leather duster and trudged forward, his black boots sinking into the sand up to his faded jeans and reemerging with each step.  His black shirt was sun bleached in a small strip on the front that the duster did not cover.  Remembering nothing of his past and only knowing that he needed to reach a city soon he kept going.  He pulled his red bandana back over his mouth and nose to help prevent him from swallowing sand.  “It’s going to be a long day.” Mumbled the stranger to himself, scratching at the dark stubble that had been growing for two days.  “Going to be a VERY long day..” He sighed once more as he continued forward, searching for a city in hopes of salvation.