Chapter One

Our countries had been in to many wars to count, fighting over the stupidest thing: land, power, money, or all of the above. To others these reasons may seem to be a good reason to go to war, but in my eyes there was no reason for war. All war was good for is killing people, and why kings would willingly let their people go and die for them made no since to me.

Maybe that's why it was a surprise when a long limo pulled up in front of the castle, with flags that I couldn't quite make out. I watch as a servant opened the door for the people in the limo.

First a every tall, older looking man stepped out followed by, who I was guessing was, his wife. Next was four tall, strong looking boys, if you could even call them that. The last to exit the limo was a small boy, he looked to be about six or seven years old.

As the limo pulled away I got a better look at the flags and my heart jumped in my chest. With out thinking I ran from my room and down the many hall ways.

I pasted guards, two out of my six brothers and they all gave me the same look. The look I knew my mother would have on her face if she saw me running down the halls, the look that always brought one word to my mind, STOP. I grew up with that look, and had promised myself I would never use it on my own children. But I didn't, I couldn't, stop I had to get to my father before those people did.

I made it to the front hall and came to a stop, most of my family was there, along with the Montgomerys. "Athena how nice of you to join us," my father, King Hunter Wilson, said . "Athena what do you thi........" my eldest brother, Felix, started as he walked in after me but stopped as his eyes fell on the Montgomerys. "Aww come on Felix don't be to hard on her," Ezra said, he was the second oldest of the twin .

I was about to say something, anything but was stopped by a small pair of arms grabbing me around the knees. I looked down to see a small set of the cutest brown eyes I have ever seen. "I'm Oliver, I'm six and you're pretty," the little boy said with a smile the showed off his missing tooth. "Awwww thank you sweetie and my name is Athena. It is every nice to meet you," I replied with a sweet smile back.

"Athena," my father's voice made me look up from the child wrapped around my legs, "why don't you take young Oliver and your younger brothers to the play room while we talk in my study" he said making it clear that by 'we' he meant the Montgomerys and the rest of my family. "Yes sir" was all I said as I took Oliver's and my youngest brother's, Dexter, hand, while Neville and Franklin followed.

My family is well, big, with three girls and six boys. Alexandria is the oldest of all us kids, she twenty three. She doesn't live with us any more but that doesn't mean she not still in our lifes, she comes to see us when ever our father is out of town, so we see her maybe ever other month. Then comes Ally, she twenty and is married to the Prince of South Africa, we don't see her much. Felix and Ezra the oldest of the boys at nineteen, twins and pretty much never leave each others side. Felix was the hot head of the family always going off on someone about something. Ezra was the calm headed one aways there to calm Felix down before he did something stupid. Bruce was my best friend and brother, he knew what to say , when to say it and when to just give me my space. He was a year younger then the twins, which makes him eight-teen. Then me, Athena, named for a Greek goddess, and know as the sweet one of the family. I turn seventeen in three weeks. I was going to be the last one in the family till my mother found out that after nine years she would give birth to another son. Franklin was the oldest of the youngest as he like to put it, he was eight and had my mother wrapped around his finger. Neville was five and was daddy's little man. Dexter on the other hand was more my son then my parents', he was only three yet my parents barely had time to take care of him let alone show him the kind of love he needs.

I walked in to the room filled with toy all the boys running off to play with one thing or another. I just sat down on the chair, I had put in the room and pick up the book I had yet to finish reading.