Chapter 1

"Hi Judy!" greeted Benjamin as he waved at the little bunny who entered the lobby. She waved as well and walked straight to his desk.

She had no other thoughts except to find Nick -- other than knowing more information about Bellwether's escape. Of course, Nick was a few minutes late again. She didn't care, mostly, because once he's back, he either has coffee for her, or doughnuts that they share with Ben.

Just in time, the ol' sly fox sneak up behind her, without a single word. In each paws, he held a cup of coffee. One was half empty, the other one was a still hot even though it was undisturbed for a few minutes.

Both Ben and Judy didn't even notice Nick was there already that they even went to a conversation about it.

"So far, I think you and Nick's partnership is one chief is most impressed with." said Ben as he chomped down on another Doughnut. Judy rolled her eyes and simply replied, "Well, we do make a great team, don't we?" and chuckled a little.

Still, Nick listened to their topic instead of interrupting them. It made him a bit curious to where this topic will get.

"So, is there something about you and Nick that us, officers, don't know?" Ben suddenly asked which made Nick more curious. He perked up a brow and listen more intently than he did.

"What are you talking about?" Judy asked, a nervous smile showing on her face. It's obvious to her reaction that she feels something for Nick; Ben noticed. "Well, we notice that both of you like to tease each other often, and you call each other nicknames; like how he calls you, "Carrots," and how you sometimes call him, "Nicky," Then- Oh! This one time, I heard you call him, "sweetheart," I don't remember what you two did, but I just remembered that." Ben explained everything.

Judy was speechless. The whole department thinks they are dating, of some sort while in reality, that was Nick's nickname for her when they first met, for the reason he couldn't remember her name. Nick never stopped calling her that until now, that she came up with a name to try offending him. It did work but not much because she rarely uses it.

"So? What're you two talking about today?" Nick interrupted in hopes that Ben wouldn't think about that topic again. But his question, only made it worst. "Well, I was just asking if you two are dating! The whole department has noticed it!" Ben exclaimed his explanation that made half of the officers in the lobby, look at them.

Their action caused both Nick and Judy to froze. Both Nick and Judy stayed like that for so long, that the other cup of coffee that was for Judy, was now cold.

"So? Are you two dating?" Ben asked again. Judy was trying to fight back the heat of blood rushing through her face, but end up failing. Nick was feeling confident, because of his sunglasses, while calculating what he'll answer Ben.

"HOPPS! WILDE!" being saved by Chief Bogo's call, the two sighed. They walk towards the Chief that told them their jobs instead, due to their absence.

Nick smiled at her, while Judy just gave him a millisecond smile. It bothered him that Judy usually gives him a full smile he's used to everytime they exchange looks. Nick instead gave her the cup. She didn't mind even if it was not anymore hot.

They were assigned to investigate a crime scene at Tundratown. This seemed new to them for they rarely get assigned to investigating.

They rode onto the all terrain vehicle they use from the ZPD. They were both silent as Judy drove the way there. This was awkward, for Nick usually asks her a bunch of questions and she just answers and later on, teases each other. Today was not like that. Today, they were like avoiding each other.

It was a slightly long ride to Tundratown. Both wanted to say something, but ended up saying it at the same time.

"You first," said Judy as she focused her eyes on the road. Nick agreed to this and asked her, "What's bothering you?"

In her mind, Judy wanted to say, "Oh nothing, it's just that I feel something for you and I was on the verge of saying it in front of the whole department," but instead, she replied, "I was just thinking about what I heard on the news, that Bellwether escaped from prison."

"What about it?" Nick asked rather relieved. At least he knows that she didn't think about the whole incident with Ben. Or so he thought.

"I'm just thinking: She got away with masterminding the whole, "Night howler," incident; nobody expected that -- what would she be doing next?"

Nick nodded at it. "Why should you worry? We got her last time, we can get her again."

"You're right." Judy sighed and frown. She perked up again when he asked, "So, what did you wanna tell me?"

"Oh, I forgot it." she said and quite looked embarrased. Nick became an expert in reading her expressions lately, he immediately got a theory that she was going to ask about the incident with Ben.

It was like he isn't the Nick she was used to, because the atmosphere became silent. Nick didn't push her into saying what she wanted to say.

They just drove to Tundratown, without another word.