Truly Yours 18

I woke up to the warmth of Jermaine's arms wrapped around me. As soon as I tried to move a muscle I instantly regretted it. My whole body was sore. I couldn't even tell you the last time J had me feeling like this. Last night Jermaine wasn't playing any games.

"Good morning beautiful," J said into my ear with his raspy morning voice.

"Good morning," I smiled as I slowly opened my eyes.

As soon as I opened my eyes, I noticed the alarm clock on the night stand read 9:15 A.M. I was suppose to be at work over an hour ago!

"Shit J! Why did you let me over sleep?" I panicked as I quickly pulled the covers off of me.

Before I could even jump out the bed, J stopped me and pulled me back into his arms.

"Don't even trip. I already called you in and told Jenna you wasn't gone make it in today."

I couldn't even think of anything to say. I couldn't help but smile as I slowly laid my head back down on his chest.

"You know I got you. Just relax," he said as he ran his fingers through my hair.

After eventually getting up and showering, we went out for breakfast. Luckily the place he chose wasn't as busy this morning.

Over the years, I've grown to become accustomed to his crazy lifestyle, but being surrounded by tons of random strangers 24/7 was quite irritating. Sometimes I wish we could just go out like a normal couple and enjoy our lives without everyone seeing him as 'J. Cole' as if he was some God.

After choosing a booth located in the back of the restaurant, we ordered our food, then held a conversation while we waited for our waiter to return with our meals.

"So. I have something to tell you," J said as he swirled around the straw inside his glass.

When ever J started a sentence off like that it was always bad news, but he had an awkward smile on his face. I raised my eyebrows, waiting for him to continue.

"Miguel wants me to go on tour with him."

"Oh my God that's great. You should definitely do it."

"It's over seas though."

"I mean that's a bit much, but J it's your job. Do what you have to do."

"You sure you aren't upset? I can just tell Miguel that-"

"J don't not go on that tour because of me. It's your job to do shit like that. I can't get upset for that."

"Well I mean, in the past you never liked when I went on tour because you were always away from me, and never trusted me."

"J the past is the past. I'm not going to stop you from doing what you do best."

He immediately kissed me as a huge grin spread across his face.

"Thanks."

"You are so goofy," I laughed.

"Oh my God. I just thought of the best idea!" he semi yelled, causing more than half of the restaurant to look at us.

"What? And lower your damn voice!"

"You can come with us! Oh my God, and then we can go back to Maui!"

"Jermaine calm yourself. I would love to visit Maui again, but I'm not going on tour with you."

"Why not?" he whined.

"J I don't want you feeling as if you have to bring me along. I'll do just fine. Don't have me holding you back from touring."

"Baby you aren't holding me back. I actually want you to come along!"