Immortal Desire (chapter four)

Authors note - please PLEASE comment and vote... I know I sound desperate but I want to know wheterh to carry on posting or not and you'll help greatly.

Tons of love to my wicked awesome fans =)

Cat-eyes x

4

Be careful

When the bell went at the end of English I was already packed up and ready to go and stood up before Mr Fuller had even dismissed us. Then everyone followed in my league and he didn't need to. I made my way as quickly as I could to the door but on crutches I wasn't fast enough and was already beaten through the door by the time I arrived. As I was waiting to find a way through I glanced back momentarily at James, he was still sitting down but was packing away his things. He looked up and his eyes met mine and for a moment he knew, then I tore my gaze away feeling my heart thud in my chest and my arms start to shake. I hated the way he made me feel so scared and excited every time he looked at me, hated it and loved it. Loved it like I ran on it, because it left me exhilarated and breathless but hated it because it made me want more so desperately and made me feel weak.

'Oh my God Amy, you lucky thing. What did you say to James that made him so interested in you?' gushed Chloe, catching up with me in the corridor.

'He wasn't interested in me' I replied, truthfully.

Chloe looked sceptical 'seriously Amy, he was interested' she said 'I think he's the strong, silent type. He barely spoke to anyone, not even Danielle Adams. He sits next to her in RS and he didn't even speak, apparently she's really mad about it.'

Danielle was the beautiful, popular cheer leading type of girl who sent guys crazy. Easily the prettiest girl in the school, she looked like a supermodel, tall, leggy, blonde and everyone fawned over her. Her and James would make a perfect couple, I was surprised he wasn't interested. 'I thought she only dated sixth form guys' I said.

'Who wouldn't make an exception for James?' she asked and I didn't have a reply. 'So you didn't answer my question, what did you say to him?'

I shrugged 'we were just talking I guess' I said, desperate to get away from Chloe and her annoying questions and get to my room where it felt safe and I could work out what was going on. 'I didn't really say anything.'

'Well he didn't just talk to Danielle, and , no offence Amy, she's absolutely gorgeous. They'd make the perfect couple.'

'Maybe he's not very interested in her' I replied 'maybe he thinks she's boring.'

'Danielle... boring' Chloe sounded outraged as if I had questioned her very morales 'she's head of the student activities committee and netball captain. She's not boring.'

'Maybe he's not into that kind of thing' I ventured.

'What guy isn't into Danielle?' asked Chloe, her eyes steely.

'Well I hardly know do I?' After all who did know what was going on behind that cool exterior.

'You better be careful though' warned Chloe 'Danielle will literally rip your throat out if he makes even a tiny move.'

'He's not going to make a move' I said slowly 'because he's not interested.'

Chloe raised a bleached eyebrow 'I wouldn't be so sure, I mean from the way that he was flirting with you I'd be surprised if he didn't make one.'

'He wasn't flirting with me' I said tiredly 'we barely even spoke.'

'Yeah but if he's the strong silent type then even talking is flirting isn't it.'