Chapter Twelve

Megan’s POV

It’s been a few weeks since my talk with Liam. I have yet to have an actual sit down conversation with Josh. I guess I’m just afraid of what will happen when I do. I don’t want him to freak out and a big fight happen.

I’m fixing dinner when Josh walks in. His face is serious and I can’t help but get a bit nervous on what is about to happen. I give him my best smile, but he doesn’t return it, too lost in thought.

“So how was the studio?”

“Did you know that Niall left Nicole?” He speaks fast and I almost drop the dish I had in my hand.

“What?”

“Yeah. He left her. He didn’t tell me why. Something about it being a long time coming.” Josh shrugs and takes a seat on the couch, like what he just told me is no big deal.

“When did he leave her?”

“I don’t know. He said about a week or two ago.” He scratches the back of his neck and I nod.

“Poor Nicole.” I mumble and Josh scoffs.

“Poor Nicole? Obviously she did something to make him leave her.”

“And how do you know it wasn’t just Niall being Niall and leaving?” I retort and Josh shakes his head.

“Because Nicole is Nicole and we both know how she can be.”

“You don’t know shit Josh. Hell you barely knew Niall for a year, maybe a year and a half before we all stopped talking so who are you to judge their relationship.” I spit and Josh stands from the sofa and walks over to me.

“You’re right, I don’t know shit about their relationship. But guess what it doesn’t matter seeing that they are broken up now.” He smirks and takes his food from my hand.

I sigh and take my food, following him into the living room. I sit on the chair that is next to the sofa and watch Josh’s face. I know he can sense me staring but he’s trying not to show it.

“Josh, we need to talk.”

“Of course we do.” He mumbles and places his plate on the table. “The floor is yours.”

“Why are you acting like this?”

“Like what?” He raises an eyebrow and I roll my eyes.

“Like such a dick?”

“Way to use your words Megan.” He scoffs and picks his plate back up.

“You see. I always try to talk to you and you always turn things around to make me feel bad.”

“Because you always want to talk about shit I don’t care about.” He raises his voice and stands. “I’m going to eat this up stairs. Wouldn’t want to hurt your feelings.”

Josh walks away and up to our bedroom. I hear the door slam and I jump in response. I’m no longer hungry so I put my food in the sink of the kitchen. I make my way back to the living room and sit on the same sofa Josh was just on. I pull out my phone and decide to make a quick call.

-Next Day-

The next morning I wake up on the couch. I didn’t even realize I fell asleep down here. I lift my head up and see Josh walking down the stairs. He gives me a smile and I roll my eyes, with the memories from the argument we had last night.

“Look, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to make you mad. I was just tired from work and... I’m sorry. Ok?” He walks over to me, and cups my face in his hands.