Taken Too Young

A/N: This is my first story on Wattpad so comments and feedback would be really great. Okay, so this story contains a reference to rape (not in detail) murder and suicide! If you are uncomfortable reading any of this then I suggest you not read this story!! I would also just like to dedicate this whole one shot to MyVintageFairytale for making my cover and the accompaning ad! Thank you so much! ❤❤

Alaya Galinda Tiggular lay awake gazing at the lake outside the castle, which she called home.  Alaya was the first daughter of Elphaba and Fiyero Tiggular, the King and Queen of the Vinkus.  She was the crown princess and the whole kingdom loved her.  Alaya was a warm and friendly girl who, from the moment she was born, loved all people and Animals alike.  Her hair was as black as ravens feathers, a trait she inherited from her mother.  By the time she turned six her hair had already reached her waist and fell into sweet curls.  Her eyes were as blue as the sky on a positively sunny day.  They sparkled with the love, happiness and life that was inside the young womens heart.  Her nose was small and curved, taking after her mother yet again.  Her lips where soft, when she smiled they made the most perfect and small smile that had the boys swooning as she grew older.  Her skin was as white as milk and had every girl in the kingdom shaking of jealousy.  Her soul was pure and innocent as any girls would be at the young age of 13. 

Today was Alayas 13th Birthday, the day she turned into a teenager, a young women.  Her parents had planned a large birthday party in their castle at Kiamo Ko, all her friends from school had been invited as well as her family.  Queen Elphaba, her mother, had made the large ballroom into a beautiful party room for her eldest daughter.  She had decorated the room with green and pink, Alayas favourite colours.  Elphaba would smile every time she remembered her daughters favourite colours, Pink goes good with green, she remembered her roommate, Glinda Upland saying when they went to Shiz together.  Just as she finished decorating the room, her husband Fiyero arrived home with their daughter’s birthday presents.  Alaya as the future Queen of the Vinkus was spoiled by her parents, receiving all the diamonds she could ever dream of.

The time came around for the quests to start arriving at the castle.  Alaya had just walked back up to the castle when her first quest arrived.  She smiled and gave her best friend a hug as well as her ‘Aunt’ Glinda.  Nya Upland was Glindas eldest daughter and she was a year younger than Alaya.  Ever since Nya turned 2 and Alaya turned 3 they had been inseparable, sharing every aspect of their lives and childhood together.  This was fine by Glinda and Elphaba who had stayed best friends after leaving Shiz. Nya bought her friend a small box as her present and when Alaya opened it, it revealed a small heart necklace, with the inscription, Alaya and Nya, best friends until the end of Oz.  Alaya was truly touched by her friend’s gift and fastened the necklace around her neck.

Within the hour all the quests had arrived and the ballroom was nearly full with bubbling teenagers and young girls.  Among them was Alayas younger brother and sister, Liir and Ayva.  Liir was the youngest out of the three children at the young age of 3.  He was a spitting image of his father, who only shared his mother deep brown eyes.  Ayva the youngest girl was 8, she looked like her mother most, sharing her unique green skin and dark brown eyes.  The funny thing about Ayva was her blonde hair, which fell into ringlets down her back, their mother said she inherited her hair from her great-grandmother.

After two hours of playing activities and dancing to famous Ozian singers, Alaya decided to go for a walk down to the lake again.  She sat by the edge of the water skipping rocks when she heard a rustling within the bushes.  She turned around quickly at the noise but brushed the noise off as a forest animal.  She resumed skipping rocks for another half hour.  She lay back on the grass gazing up at the clouds moving through the sky.  As she lay there she thought she heard footsteps behind her, dismissing the thought again she closed her eyes.  As she lay there the little light that had been pouring through her eye lids was blocked off and her eyes snapped open to see a man hovering above her.