Yu-Gi-Oh: the story of the winged dragon of Ra

In the beginning , before there was any land of Egypt, all was darkness, and there was nothing but a great watery abyss called Nun. The power of Nun was so great that it caused a great shining egg to arise from the darkness, and from this egg, hatched a gold winged dragon.

This winged dragon had infinite power which he named the power of "Ra". Because of this he renamed himself the winged dragon of Ra. His power and the secret of it lay in his hidden name; but if he spoke other names than that which he named came into being.

"I am Slifer the sky dragon at the dawn, the winged dragon of Ra at noon and Obelisk the tormentor in the evening" He said. And the sun rose and passed across the sky and set for the first time. 

After this the winged dragon of Ra named all things that are upon the Earth and they grew. Last of all he named mankind and there were men and women in the land of Egypt. 

Then the winged dragon of Ra took on the shape of a man and became the first pharaoh, ruling over the entire country of Egypt for thousands and thousands of years and gave many harvests for his faithful subjects. forever after this the egyptians spoke of the good things that happened in "The time of Ra".

But being in the form of a man the winged dragon of Ra grew old. In time people no longer feared him or obeyed his laws. They laughed at him saying: "Look at Ra! His bones are like silver, his flesh like gold, his hair falling by the ton every day!"

The winged dragon of Ra was angry when he heard this, but what made him even more angry was the evil deeds people were commiting in disobedience to his laws.So he called together the gods whom he had made- Slifer the sky dragon and Obelisk the tormentor. Mankind had no idea about this however and continued to jeer at Ra and disobey his commands.

Meanwhile the winged dragon of Ra spoke to the gods whom he had made. "Gods whom I have made, look upon mankind who came into being at a glance of my eye. See how they plot against me; hear what they say of me; tell me what I should do to them. For I will not destroy mankind until I have heard what you have to advise"

Than Slifer said: "Oh mighty winged dragon of Ra, he who created me, turn your mighty eye upon them and send destruction upon them in the form of monsters" Monsters was what the winged dragon of Ra had called the most hideous creatures that had been created in the shadows at the same time that the winged dragon himself had been created at Nun.

The winged dragon answered: "Even now fear is falling upon them and they are fleeing into the desert and hiding themselves in the mountains in terror at the sound of my voice"

"I agree with Slifer, send against them the glance of your eye in the form of monsters" Said Obelisk, bowing before the winged dragon of Ra until his head touched the ground, slifer than did the same.

So at the terrible glance from the eye of the winged dragon of Ra the most powerful creature in existance other than himself of course was summoned, The unstopable Exodia!!!. The fiercest of all monsters. In one movement of his hand he destroyed all people who had disobeyed the winged dragon of Ra at the winged dragon's command.

The winged dragon of Ra looked out over the Earth once more and now his heart was stirred with pity for his people, even though they had rebelled against him. But none could stop the mighty Exodia, not even the winged dragon of Ra himself, he saw that their was only one way to stop the creature he had created.

So he used all of his power to lock Exodia away.

So mankind was saved and the winged dragon of Ra continued to rule, even though he was old. But the time was drawing near when he must leave the Earth to reign forever in the heavens, letting Slifer the sky dragon and Obelisk the tormentor rule in his place. Because Dwelling in the form of a man, of a pharaoh of Egypt, the winged dragon of Ra was losing his wisdom which was all he had left after draining his power to lock Exodia away. Even so however he continued to reign, and he eventually found a way to immortalize his power and the power of Slifer and Obelisk, he used Slifer and Obelisk's power to transfer their souls into stone tablets, this regained the winged dragon of Ra his power aswell as immortilizing the power of himself, Slifer the sky dragon and Obelisk the tormentor, ready to be summoned if ever they were needed. However to keep the winged dragon's unlimited and devastating power away from those who were not worthy, he put a spell on the stone tablet that his soul was transfered into, the only way to summon him was to speak a special chant: Great beast of the sky, please hear my cry, transform thyself from orb of light and grant me victory in this fight. Than fill the deserts with your glow and cast your rage upon my foe. Unlock your power from deep within so that together we may win here in this shadow game as I call your name... WINGED DRAGON OF RA!!!

So the next time your in a duel with Yugi Muto remember, he posseses infinite power, all he has to do is speak the chant. of the winged dragon of Ra!!!