12. Back in the cage

Chapter twelve

“Its time” Sam said looking at us all; I looked down at my feet as sadness overwhelmed me.

“Are you sure you want to do this?” I asked Sam looking up at him in the eyes.

“It’s the only way,” He said, and he turned with Dean to walk into the building where Lucifer waited. I grabbed his arm before he could walk away and pulled him into a hug. Sam sighed and hugged me back.

“I’m sorry for everything Sam” I held him tight “I’m sorry that things didn’t go better between us”

Sam pulled away he had a slight smile on his face, he lent in and kissed my cheek “Goodbye Laylah” He whispered and went into the building.

“Good luck” I yelled to Dean as he followed Sam inside.

I waited outside anxiously. I had heard the plan a million times and I didn’t like it, Dean didn’t either but he agreed to it. Sam was going to say yes to Lucifer, and Lucifer will use his body as his vessel. Sam some how thinks he can then take control with Lucifer inside him, and when Dean opens the door to Lucifers cage using the four horseman’s rings we had collected over the last year, Sam will jump in locking himself and Lucifer back in the cage.

Yeah I know it’s a stupid plan and a million to one chances of it actually working out, but hey it’s the only plan we got.

I tried to stay positive, but it was very hard under the circumstances, if the plan failed it would mean the end of the world.

A large noise was herd from inside of the building; I looked up as the building was rumbling. My guess was that Sam had said yes and Dean had opened the door. I held my breath hoping for the best, the building stopped rumbling and I looked up curiously, the door was shut again, but the question was, was Lucifer back in his cage?

The front door opened to building and out walked Dean…alone.

I got excited “It worked?” I asked. Dean shook his head and looked down at his feet. “Sam couldn’t take control”

“Where is he now?”

“I don’t know”

Castiel and Bobby had joined up with Dean and I once they herd the plan had failed.

“It’s starting” Castiel said looking at the news report, of bridges collapsing, building exploding. He turned and looked at me with worry in his eyes.

“Yeah well thanks for the obvious” Dean frowned.

“You don’t have to be mean” Castiel replied.

I reached out and held Castiel’s hand in mine, he gave me a small smile, then looked at Dean.

“So how do we stop it?” Dean asked.

“We don’t, Lucifer will meet Michael on the chosen field”

“And where is that?”

“I don’t know” Castiel shook his head.

“We are not giving up!” Dean turned towards Bobby for support. I squeezed Castiel’s hand tighter in mine.

“There was never much hope to begin with” Bobby said, face pale and tears in his eyes like he was giving up like Castiel.

Every since Castiel’s powers were taken not long ago, he hasn’t been very helpful, but he still tried his best to protect me.