Barren Walls For The Bad People

In my wedding dress, I was dragged through the halls by two guards, and the other four were surrounding me and stopping others from helping, not that many people dared to help me. They were as scared as I was. I looked at one of the guards faces, which I could see from the angel I was at. He was... smiling. Was he getting paid for this? Was this another job well done? He looked down at me, and stopped smiling while I tried giving him a death stare. It probably came out more scared than scary, but right now anything helped, really.

They dragged me down a corridor that I had been down many times before with Lendich, one we shouldn't have been down before. We went down to the end of the hallway, which is where Lendich and I always stopped. There was nothing further. At least that's what we thought.

The guard that had been smiling at me walked forward and pressed a special part of the wall, which emerged an eye scanner. The machine scanned him, and a panel in the floor opened up while the wall sealed, showing nothing but wall yet again. There was just enough room for all of us, and we started going down, except that shouldn't have been possible. For all we knew, there was only one floor to this complex, but, for all we knew, they could be lying about everything and we never left Earth. For all we know, this is a containment facility to monitor how people are, and the good people are sent back to their homes.

As we were going down, through the soldier's shoulders and the spaces in between them, I could see Lendich being dragged toward the platform. I went to call out, but a guard had the idea that I would, and put his hand in front of my mouth. Except it wouldn't have mattered. Lendich was unconscious. I furrowed my brows and realized that it wasn't just a hand that the soldier had put on my mouth, it was a cloth, too, with a drug that would make me go unconscious. And that's when everything faded to black.

-------------

I woke up in a room that had barren, silver, metal walls. There was one door, and tiny cameras in each corner. I was sitting on a chair and there was another chair across from me. I tried to get up, but I couldn't; I had magnetic bracelets on either wrist that kept me against the wall. I looked down and saw that I was not in my wedding dress anymore, but instead in a grey track suit. I shuddered. Someone had to have changed me. A stranger. I could only imagine what Lendich was going through, which was probably the same procedure, and wondered if we would ever be able to see each other again. Or if we would ever get out of this alive.

My thoughts were disrupted when a soldier walked in the room without his head gear on. I saw his smile and shuddered; he was the same man that drugged me and opened the platform, and took me away from Lendich.

"Come on", he spoke in a dark, brooding voice. "Lighten up." He couldn't have been older than me, or younger, but if he was, he did not look it. I tried speaking, to ask him questions, but when I felt dried tears on my cheeks, I froze. Why had I been crying? I did not remember crying before going on the platform. Did I wake up after that? What am I missing?

"If you are wondering," the man spoke again, "You did wake up before this. No one really remembers that. We tried asking you questions, but you did not answer them. We gave you the grey tracksuit to change into, which you did. Your dress got ruined when we were dragging you, but we still have it if you want it after this."

"If there is an after," I spoke dryly. He smiled, happy to see me talking.

"So you can talk."

"Oh, don't act like you didn't know that. You know everything about me. That's the way these things work, right?" I looked around the room and then at his face. "You ask me questions you already know the answers to."

He stopped smiling. "So it is true that you know a lot about the government. Then you should know you probably won't be getting the dress back."

"I was just guessing. Thank's for talking, though." I then processed the last thing he said. "Wait, why not? I want my dress back!"

His smiled returned and he laughed. "You won't be allowed to remember anything after this. You and Lendich won't know each other. And guess what? You'll do all of this willingly."

I tensed my hands. "I will never do it willingly. And what about everyone else? They will all remember. They have to. I don't think my brother will ever forget that."

He walked over and grabbed my hands, only making them tense more. He leaned down and whispered in my ear. "The creamy cracks must have been delicious. Everybody had one." He pressed a button that would have been unreachable to me, and my hands fell to my sides. He turned around and walked away from me, holding my magnetic wrist bands in his hands. "If you want Lendich to be safe, you'll eat one, too."

I started shaking my head and crying again. "What about Quentiya? And Asphero? What about my brother? Tell me!"

He opened the door and got out a creamy crack. "They will have never known you. Asphero will be an only child, no one will remember Earth. Quentiya will never say hello to you as you pass in the halls because she does not know you. Anyone else?"

I swallowed. "Lendich."

"You two will not be married, he will be an only child. He will not know anything about Earth. Everyone will start anew."

Tears clouded my vision. "And me?"

"You will not remember a thing." He outstretched his arm, with the creamy crack in hand. "Creamy crack, anyone?"