Chapter 1 ~ My Story

There are always those things, those things that you wish you didn't have to go through, but in the end your glad they did. Well, not in my case.

These "things" are stupid. I guess I should be thankful for them, they did do one thing. They showed me the truth about love and that IT DOESN'T EXIST. Don't go saying oh you just haven't found it yet. That's not true. I had an up close and personal experience, I saw the true meaning of love, and how it ends. It's not like the movies where you run into each others arms in the rain.

Its divorce papers and pure hatred.

I guess by now you are a little confused, heck it still doesn't make sense to me. Well, I guess I should explain. Here we go:

When I was growing up, I believed in every cheesy thing that has to do with love, the red roses, the balls and Prince Charming. I got all that from my parents, when my dad would come home from work and twirl my mom around the kitchen. I wanted that, I believed that THAT was what love was. That was until, my mom was out planning a special dinner for my parents while my dad was on a so called "business trip" low and behold, his plane took him all the way back to our house with Belinda, his secretary. That night my mom packed her bags and ran out the door with tears streaming down her face. I thought she was going to come back, but she never did. She left me with the man I hated most in the world. I could not look at my father with out feeling betrayed, let alone be in the same house as him after what he did. So I ran. I now live with my Aunt Rachel in Michigan.

That's why I don't believe in love.

All though these things happened to me, I'm not some screwed up person. I still am a teenage girl who likes makeup and movies, just not love. I'm never going to find love at first sight. I'm okay with that though. There is a lot more that can make me happy.

So I'm here now, 17 years old and still a mess. But now you know my story, so let's get on with it.

******************************************************************************************